Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)
  • what is peoples footwear of choice these days?
  • dogbert
    Free Member

Looking at some new trainers/shoes for general bumming around, have always wore skate trainers but might be getting too old, so whats the shoe of choice these days?

derekrides
    Free Member

Etnies remains the choice of my favourite rider – me.

Edit: i would give those sticky sole 5 10’s a go if ever i find someone who stocks them.

yunki
    Free Member

skate trainers..
    preferably vegan ones in anarchist black and red

colournoise

Too old for skate trainers?

41 and Vans/DCs all the way here.

slainte 😳 rob

randomjeremy
    Free Member

wait how old are you? trainers become a bit dodgy in your thirties

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I’m generally sporting a soft pointy Chelsea boot these days.

Ambrose

Just ordered yet another pair of Merrel Chameleons. Ubercomfy waterproof and breathable. When not in work (Dr Martens shoes) or on the bike (various Shimano) I pretty much wear them all the time.

d45yth
    Free Member

randomjeremy – what else are you supposed to wear for knocking about in…a pair of old brogues???

randomjeremy
    Free Member

Not necessarily I mean if you want to fine, but some nice boots or shoes or something maybe? It’s not for me to judge but IMHO trainers are strictly for the under 30s. Google “emo dad”

falkirk-mark

randomjeremy – what else are you supposed to wear for knocking about in…a pair of old brogues???

Slippers ,bunnet and a pipe
    He’s evidently the fashion polis

randomjeremy
    Free Member

nothing wrong with a good pipe and a tweed jacket

crikey
    Free Member

I wear special built up shoes, because both my legs are shorter than the other.

falkirk-mark

I’m 45 what brogues for dmr v12’s

falkirk-mark

double post (ALZHEIMERS)

MartynS

whatever Go Outdoors are selling cheap when I need new shoes…

colournoise

Ambrose – Member
    Just ordered yet another pair of Merrel Chameleons. Ubercomfy waterproof and breathable. When not in work (Dr Martens shoes) or on the bike (various Shimano) I pretty much wear them all the time.

randomjeremy – Member
    wait how old are you? trainers become a bit dodgy in your thirties

Good call with the Chameleons.

Work. Blundstones.
    Dressed up. Underground Gene winklepicker chelsea boots.
    Bumming around. Vans, DCs, Merrell Refuge Pro Ventilator, Merrell Chameleon Cargo Sport. Apparently I’m beyond dodgy.
    Tech stuff. 5.10 Freeriders, Merrell Chameleon Mid Waterproof, Merrell Refuge Pro Ventilator, Merrell Chameleon Cargo Sport.

Forget outdated age stereotypes. The right tool for the right job.

slainte 🙂 rob

aracer
    Free Member

what else are you supposed to wear for knocking about in…a pair of old brogues???

Flip flops. Can be a bit chilly in January.

huws
    Free Member

Mostly wearing these supra vaider high tops at the moment (see below), white lace up vans for when it’s warm or with skinny chinos or if I have to be smart some exceptionally pointy brogues.

cynic-al
    Free Member

LOL @ the style try-hards.

Only on stw.

colournoise

cynic-al – Member
    LOL @ the style try-hards.
    Only on stw.

Heh.

I’m 41, a short, fat, ugly-ish, ageing ex-goth. I don’t do ‘style’ but I do take an inordinate and geeky interest in my footwear.

Guilty as charged.

slainte 😳 rob

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Blundstones……..er………dude

_tom_
    Free Member

Currently just some Etnies of some kind. I might get a pair of these for the winter, they look cosy.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

DVS or Adio.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Only wear Converse here, preferably Jack Purcells when available.

rOcKeTdOg

Pod, bought them in 1994,waiting for them to come back into fashion

Pook

sambas here.

senorj

What you want is a nice pair of Loakes .

turboferret

Puma speedcat things bought in early 2008. Currently looking far from their best after getting a lot of kebab-juice on them last new year. Should probably replace them sometime…

Cheers, Rich

PrinceJohn
    Free Member

Currently 35 & wearing these as my main shoes, but with blue & orange laces.

bol

I bought some Salomon trail running shoes as a more versatile alternative to walking boots. So comfy (and inoffensive looking) I wear them whenever I can. They do a goretex version which I’m tempted to get for winter too.

tazzymtb

old para boots/black I path skate shoes/old 5.10 camp 4 shoes

late 30’s so stuff it up ya arse randomjeremy you tit 😆

zippykona

Suede desert boots or DMs. Comfy ,cool to wear and stylish.Plus its about the only ‘tribe’ shoes you can safely wear over 40.
    Can’t ever wear man made materials . I can’t see why people wear trainers. How much do your feet sweat in the summer?

TooTall
    Free Member

What you want is a nice pair of Loakes .

Actually I’m coveting a nice pair of Cheaneys at the moment – I really fancy a pair of these:

old para boots………late 30’s

*shakes head*
    “No, dad”

cynic-al
    Free Member

That’s my point colournoise, they probably all are.

aof it’s just a “me me me” thread.

stanfree
    Free Member

Kangaroo skin diadora borg elites , No not really any old Adidas sambas or Keglers. I normally buy anything on offer but usually wreck them walking dogs or riding bikes.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Anything Salomon 😀

thebunk

Think people should be putting their age! Am getting to the age where footwear becomes important (or you’ve gone “dad”), so watching this thread.

Currently manky trainors – early 30s.

toby1

Most likely seen in Merrell Ottowa water Pro’s – had about 4 pairs now, really really breathable, which is great for me as I usually always have warm feet.

Beyond that any old pair of Merrells for winter and of course some brown loafers (just about worn out a pair of Cushe and now looking at some rather fetching Base shoes).

Old trainers smell bad and should be replaced by the way, particularly if they are from 1994 (how light are you on your feet ffs, I wear through a sole in about 12 months).

iDave
    Free Member

Some of you worry too much about what other people think about you. It’s quite probable that they never think about you. Wear what you want.

yunki
    Free Member

I’ve just pressed the button on a pair of the vans gravel shoes..
    If I start wearing them for every day use now they should be nicely worn in for mtb use in time for spring..

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘what is peoples footwear of choice these days?’ is closed to new replies.