Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • What is my postie playing at?
  • Smee
    Free Member

For some reason he has decided to deliver to my house and my house only in this street. No special deliveries or anything out of the ordinary. Also instead of putting the letters through the letter box he opened the door and threw them on the floor.

WTF?

julianwilson
    Free Member

same/usual postie?

i remember getting a parcel dropped inside the front door at christmas one year but of course it was well busy then and i suppose he saved 15 seconds of me getting to the door.

Smee
    Free Member

Same postie as usual. Only about 3 hours earlier than he usually is. TBH I wish he would retire or leave is job, because when he is on holiday the post gets here about 9am rather than the usual 3pm.

uplink
    Free Member

TBH I wish he would retire or leave is job, because when he is on holiday the post gets here about 9am rather than the usual 3pm.

So you reckon that his stand in just does it 6 hrs quicker then? 🙄

Smee
    Free Member

Uplink – Eh?

macmclaren
    Free Member

smee – does nobody else get post then in your street. Bugger living near you 😯

uplink
    Free Member

I presume you want him to leave so that you get your post earlier?

Wouldn’t any permanent replacement just have the same route as him & take about the same time? so you’d still get the post around 3

julianwilson
    Free Member

Changes in posties’ hours mean there is not the attraction in finishing your round at lightning speed in case they give you another one to do. So the stand-in probably just starts from the opposite end and does you road sooner and others later. Or something along those lines.

Does your postie look like this?

Smee
    Free Member

Uplink – what makes you think that a replacement would take 6 hours more to do the job on a permanent basis, compared to doing it as holiday cover? That seems like a pretty dumb though to me.

BluePalomino
    Free Member

I had a postie last year that left on the doorstep all packages too big for the letterbox. Incredible nothing got nicked, though a few from Wiggle got opened!! Now i get everything sent to work 😉 Some are sensible, some don’t give a toss.

uplink
    Free Member

On the basis that the replacement probably only does part of the round when the regular is off – ie the round is chopped up & shared out

i.e. not doing the whole round now
    If someone was given the whole round to do – you’d expect a similar time

Smee
    Free Member

Nope – the replacement does the whole round. I asked them.

The regular guy is indeed just a waste of space.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Maybe he just does it to annoy you. I have people on my late list too 🙂

Smee
    Free Member

Paulosoxo – Strange way to annoy someone – give them their mail and forget about the rest of the street.

uplink
    Free Member

Nope – the replacement does the whole round. I asked them.

So it therefore takes the replacement 6 hours less to get to your gaff doing the same route?

Smee
    Free Member

uplink – yes apparently so.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Smee – Member

Paulosoxo – Strange way to annoy someone – give them their mail and forget about the rest of the street.

Ahh, I thought you were unhappy about him, seems he’s not so bad then, you must be on his early list

🙂

uplink
    Free Member

uplink – yes apparently so.

So the new boy must get to Friday by Tuesday afternoon at that rate 🙂

stuckinarut
    Free Member

Is this your holiday postie?

Jackass123456789
    Free Member

My wife never put the front door on the catch properly one morning after letting the cats out, our postie came around and put the post through the letter box at the same time Mrs Jackass nipped down stairs to get her underwear that was drying in the conservatory. Yep front door swung open as he pushed the post through to the lovely sight of Mrs Jackass in her birthday suit. Not sure who was more shocked!!

Always had our post on time ever since!!

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

It sort of makes me laugh on here how people like posties are slated for somehow being stupid and lazy, doing cock ups etc. I suppose all the office jockeys on here ar so good at the jobs they do, are the most efficent workers ever and never make any mistakes. They might be when they are not on here talking crap and actually doing some work in the office! How many posties can sit on singletrack all day pulling office workers down for being lazy feckers. Not a lot asthey are actaully doing some proper grafting!

marty
    Free Member

It sort of makes me laugh on here how people like posties are slated for somehow being stupid and lazy, doing cock ups etc.
    dry yer eyes.

Smee
    Free Member

Postie is now back to deliver to the rest of the street.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Our postie freely admits that any parcels will not be delivered; they will be left at the office and a card dropped. I live on a hill, so that makes it alright.

Regular mail is dropped at 1.30pm ish. Holiday cover – 10.30 ish. It must be universal.

user-removed
    Free Member

My postie is a goodun who will occasionally crack the door open and leave packages on the shelf. He also signs most things requiring a signature or does the rounds of neighbours until he finds someone to take it in.

Makes me feel a bit guilty about my lacksadaisicalness when I worked for ParcelFarce….

Also, I did a lot of holiday cover at PF and made my own round up – there’s no set route, so holiday relief will often deliver at unexpected times.

postierich
    Free Member

his holiday cover always comes early
    Probably due to the fact they are mostly part timers and dont have to sort the mail before they go out and if its like our office they come in two hours before their proper start time 8am.
    No full timers are allowed out untill 9.30am and no its not job and knock anymore so no need togo flat out.

I have a few calls where they get special treatment after they grumbled about my style of delivering 😕

Rich

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘What is my postie playing at?’ is closed to new replies.