Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • What is it worth? De Rosa Cinquanta ( road bike content )
  • sputnik
    Free Member

Someone I know says her father in law wants to sell his De Rosa Cinquanta.
    These were made to celebrate the 50th anniversary and only a limited number was made.
    It has the full complement of Cinquanta carbon wheels, handlebars and cranks. Record groupset.
    My size as well ( owner is 6’4, so am I ).
    Would really like to buy it but don’t know what kind of offer to make ( no asking price ).
    Sorry about the quality of the pics, it is a pic I took of a pic. Actual bike is the one in the garden, the other pics are images I found on the web.

warton
    Free Member

stupid money I would imagine…. wouldn’t know where to start, but as a guess, 3 or 4k?

neilsonwheels
    Free Member
    sputnik
    Free Member

Warton, I think that it is worth that sort of money , but I am hoping to bag a bargain with a cheeky offer and a bottle of Scotch 😉

Neil, I saw that as well when scouring the web, dunno what is going on there but it is fishier than a fishy thing.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

It does wiff of Grimsby docks a wee bit.

federalski
    Free Member

Those bars alone would surely be a good few hundred, though not exactly user friendly…
    Looks more of a hang up on the wall bike than one you’d ride.
    Get him pissed and offer a grand.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

a lot. its a collectors item, and would get silly money if the right buyers were bidding.
    amazing looking thing

njee20
    Free Member

I imagine a proper ‘fan’ will pay well over £4k for it (I doubt double that is impossible for the right buyer), the value is in the heritage and rarity rather than the bike itself.

Jerome
    Free Member

Are you sure you want to buy it ?
    Not really a bike to be ridden ?

sputnik
    Free Member

Not for riding on I guess, as I’m more than happy with my current bike.
    But if I can get it for £1000 then a neat little profit could be made.
    Having said that, definitely planning to take it for a spin wether I buy it or not .
    Seems like a waste to just stick it on a wall …

Jerome
    Free Member

Be surprised if someone who went to the efforts of buying that, does not have an idea of its current value.
    Good luck, and let us know how you get on.

annebr
    Free Member

Isn’t a bit rude to buy the father in laws bike with a cheeky offer and then sell it on for a profit? 😕

Jerome
    Free Member

Oh and if you do ride it, you need to have a complete white kit, inc shoes, and have been to the sunbed before you go out..
    And smoke as you ride along..

sputnik
    Free Member

I can’t afford to just buy it as a showpiece.
    He owned it from new ( so must have an idea of value) and has been using it until he stopped cycling, I think he is in his late sixties.
    But if someone like me makes an offer and it is accepted then it is fair.
    I could of course be the nice guy that I am and help him sell it with my cutting edge social media skills and take a cut for my services.

scaredypants

makes me sad – the first thing you see when looking at this is its price, not its value; the second thing is to start to wonder how you can chisel it out of the guy cheap to make a profit 🙄

Unlikely, but I hope he sees the thread

sputnik
    Free Member

Sorry to disappoint you scaredy, thing is I was approached because his daughter in law knows I like riding bikes. I did not go out looking for it. I can’t afford to become a collector of prestiges bikes.

scaredypants

I’d be in support of you if you’d said you always loved those bikes, you’d wanted one since you were a kid, it’s a thing you’d never be able to afford normally …

but you just want to sell it on

wwaswas

I was approached because his daughter in law knows I like riding bikes

and maybe she trusts you not to rip him off too?

Do the decent thing and suggest they put it on ebay and then put in a bid and see if you get it for what you wanted to pay them.

nick1968
    Free Member

Hello,did you ever buy this bike? I’m in the market for one,obviously if its still available I will look after you for pointing me in the right direction.

Cheers Nick

iolo
    Free Member

Offer him what it’s worth to you.
    If he says no wish him the best of luck with his sale.

Edit: I should read the thread properly but it is early

smell_it
    Free Member

What a depressing thread this was….

sputnik
    Free Member

Hi Nick. Didn’t buy it in the end but it is still available .
    Email me and I will give you the contact details.
    Never made an offer , but from what I know the gentleman will let it go for a little bit over £2 k.

nick1968
    Free Member

Thanks for the reply,i don’t have your email.

Please email me your number nnick1968@aol.com and ill give you a ring.

Thanks Nick

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘What is it worth? De Rosa Cinquanta ( road bike content )’ is closed to new replies.