Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • What is it with kin runners ?
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Why the bleep do run out at crossings then look at you like your the bloody bad guy cos you didn’t see them cos they don’t have any reflective clothing on!

To all you runners stop at roads when you cross them it will make f’all difference to your run…

Anyone else experience this with runners ?

jambourgie
    Free Member

Maybe just slow down a bit at pedestrian crossings. There may be a pedestrian crossing.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Running’s awesome. Driving is crap. Deal with it.

rene59
    Free Member

No reflective clothing? Who do they think they are? Cyclists?

Tiger6791

Some of them don’t wear helmets, irrisposible idiots if you ask me.

parkesie
    Free Member

STRAAAAVAAAAA

epicsteve
    Free Member

On my run today I was closing on a new 5K PB – definitely worth taking a few risks with my life for that…

oldnick

I’m with the OP, the local running club are a pain in the ****
    If you want to run short hill repeats be my guest, but maybe not on one of the busiest narrowest roads in town. In the dark. And then getting lippy because after waiting for some time for them to leave a gap for me to drive through I gave up waiting and started to creep* forward.

Maybe I’ll start driving on the pavement as they all run in the road.

*as in anti-stall and slipping the clutch

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Driving is crap.

Perhaps OP was on a bike? But don’t let that get in the way.

Tiger6791

5K PB

2hrs 21mins

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Driving is crap.
    Perhaps OP was on a bike? But don’t let that get in the way.

Na in the car, but if I was on the bike I could see a few shouting matches happening !

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Run ’em over. If you don’t you’ll be paying their pension ’til they’re 120, still healthy but twice as miserable ‘cos of their knackered knees.

chambord
    Free Member

People do silly things, nothing new here. Everyone should be ace at driving/cycling/running/walking but they aren’t so in until they are you just have to deal with it, pay more attention and assume everyone is going to do something stupid.

epicsteve
    Free Member

2hrs 21mins

Have you been looking at my Strava account?

jonahtonto
    Free Member

I’m really new to this running me-lark and if I stop, I often struggle to get going again, so I use the same technique I use for pulling out into traffic in the van – grin and wave and mouth thanks despite no-one really letting me out and then just go for it flat out (luckily I don’t live in a major city)

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Running’s awesome.

Yeah right, if I ever see a runner looking happy I’ll believe it.

Jamie
    Free Member

Yeah right, if I ever see a runner looking happy I’ll believe it.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Ha, no good, that’s a ‘smile for the camera photo’ & doesn’t count.

dobo
    Free Member

running at night is awesome and very liberating. I’ll bet the runner was more aware of his surrounding than you were and you couldnt have hit him if you tried. you were just startled by seeing a runner in your path, how very fg dare he! Who are these crazy runners, the roads are the realm of the car driver.. same ol bs
    Yes im a runner, cyclist and car driver, i get more abuse as a runner than a cyclist at night as people just think you are nuts and just arnt as used to seeing people running at night.
    get used to unfitgeezer, better still try it yourself for an alternate pov

gwaelod
    Free Member

They don’t pay trainer tax. I’ve stopped running at night since I slipped on a fresh dog turd.

aracer
    Free Member

Of course this might also just be posed for the camera

d45yth
    Free Member

The reason I don’t run is because I’m sure if I didn’t wear the tights and reflective clothing (never gonna happen) folk would think I was a mugger coming to get them!
    The last time I went walking with a group it was mentioned that I looked like I was ‘on the rob’!?

yunki
    Free Member

The last time I went walking with a group it was mentioned that I looked like I was ‘on the rob’!?

When I was 18 I got stopped and searched by the rozztafarians because I had a ‘burglar shaped head’

I haven’t run another pace since 🙁

chewkw
    Free Member

unfitgeezer – Member

Yes. I usually pretend not to see them by looking at a building out of a sudden or pretend to be interested in looking at a car or sometimes simply turn my back (not on the road) to pretend someone was calling my mobile … 😆

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Don’t mind runners per se, but a local one is asking for trouble. Runs in the road with his back to traffic, no reflective gear & no lights.
    I have trouble seeing him & I’m moving much slower on a bike.
    Guy is a complete bell end and an incident waiting to happen.
    Run by all means, but take some responsibility!

surfer
    Free Member

To all you runners stop at roads when you cross them it will make f’all difference to your run

Yo do know that it will dont you. When I run I own the road. If I have to slow for junctions etc it will impact my time.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I’ve had more grief off cyclists when I’ve strayed into a cycle lane, than I’ve ever had off cars when I’ve been riding on the road.

Cyclists, eh?!

hooli

And they don’t pay any bloody road tax

neilwheel
    Free Member

Runners are just roadies who have lost their bikes, no wonder they are frustrated.

fubar
    Free Member

I’ve even seen them running 2 abreast and more.

wwaswas

Runners are just roadies who have lost their bikes, no wonder they are frustrated.

It could be worse than that.

They might be triathletes.

fasthaggis

I think the OP just feels threatened.
    Look how they flaunt their fitness and abuse their right of way at junctions,how bloody dare they.

or

They might be triathletes

stumpy01

unfitgeezer – Member

Nope.

I used to run a lot so know how frustrating it can be to have to stop all the time for cars that ‘might’ turn into the road I am about to cross, stop for cars reversing out of drives because the driver can’t actually see what’s on the pavement, stop for pedestrians who take up the whole pavement and refuse to give you any space etc…..
    So, I tend to give way to them and let them cross if I see them about to cross a road that I am turning into.

Pedestrians have priority if they have already started to cross at a junction.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Pedestrians have priority if they have already started to cross at a junction

Not when they dart out in front of you with absolutely no reflective clothing on they bloody well don’t !

back2basics
    Free Member

what the deal with running back to traffic or facing traffic, i always think its a bit wierd running towards traffic, because if they stop for you because a car is coming on the other side of the road you end up running right into thier car!

finbar
    Free Member

I’ll bet the runner was more aware of his surrounding than you were and you couldnt have hit him if you tried.

This.

brakes
    Free Member

if you want to race around on your feet and break the footpath speed limits, why not go to the track and do it?

stever
    Free Member

I just wish everyone could get along, this constant finger pointing is wearing. Apart from triathletes.

epicsteve
    Free Member

I’ve had more grief off cyclists when I’ve strayed into a cycle lane, than I’ve ever had off cars when I’ve been riding on the road.

No reason why you shouldn’t be riding your bike on the road though – where as you should only be in a cycle lane if you’re cycling.

brakes
    Free Member

I just wish everyone could get along, this constant finger pointing is wearing. Apart from triathletes.

and uncyclists

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘What is it with kin runners ?’ is closed to new replies.