Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • What is it with you lot down in England
  • gobuchul
    Free Member

The real problem with our education system is that no matter what we try half the population still have below average intelligence!
    I want to see your evidence of that..

Surely it’s a mathematical certainty that around half our population must below average and half above!

Have you any evidence for the suggestion that Griffin is stupid?
    Every time he opens his mouth.

A horrible man with some pretty nasty opinions. However, as he has a degree from Oxbridge that would suggest he is certainly of above average intelligence.

You don’t have to be stupid to be a “bad” person.

To consider extremists stupid because you don’t agree with them is a dangerous and foolish position. Dismiss them as stupid and they you underestimate them.

Was Hitler or Stalin stupid?

seosamh77
    Free Member

mt – Member
    Whats with you Scottish folk, I know Salmond has taught you all to shout down opposition but the English are more civilized. Even those of us that have the burden of Scottish ancestory.

This message was brought to you from the UK Generalisation Company Ltdyou’ll not get a rise, we generally understand the concept of patter up here! 😆

clubber
    Free Member

In 1977, Griffin went to Downing College, Cambridge, where he studied history, then law.

I didn’t know that. Somehow makes him even more worrying.

toys19
    Free Member

Surely it’s a mathematical certainty that around half our population must below average and half above!

I think that was his point, hence the ribbing..

BTW the average no of legs is about 1.98.

footflaps

I think that was his point,

Yes it was meant as a joke…

robbespierre
    Free Member

A truly embarassing OP.
    Unfortunately we still have 6 months of this to put up with.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Open debate is the best way to expose people and their views for what they are. Oppressing them and not giving them a platform will just galvanise underground support.

RustySpanner

allthepies – Member

Rusty Spanner said » Cameron doesn’t want the country to stay together.
    You missed out the “in my opinion” bit at the end…
    Take it as read. 🙂

Because his on record position is that he does want to union to continue.

And politicians never lie, do they?

Post Blair, he now knows he can get away with basically anything without being called to account.

Legacy? Who cares?
    He’s protecting himself and his own.

Scotland will never vote Tory – and he’s in a better position to implement even more ridiculous right wing nonsense without them.

I’m English, btw. 🙂

bencooper
    Free Member

BTW the average no of legs is about 1.98.

In other words – most people have more than the average number of legs.

Isn’t statistics fun? 😀

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Top Bants OP.

toys19
    Free Member

bencooper, I made it up, on reflection I think it must be more like 1.99999999.

seosamh77
    Free Member

deadlydarcy – Member
    Top Bants OP.

I was actually hoping thread would turn into a bit of a piss take of UKIP, but then captain serious ernie turned up and got all offended. Plus seems I’ve underestimated the amount of UKIP supporters or sympathisers on here!

chewkw
    Free Member

In the debate Clegg is a bit dim isn’t he?

He has completely transformed Lib Dem to Lip Dim now … 😆

God helps us if Clegg becomes PM – “make no mistake” (me think he wants to be President or something, very Obama 😆 )

footflaps

God helps us if Clegg becomes PM

Not a hope, they’re going to get a right bashing come the next election. He’s pissed off his entire support base by being more Tory than Tory rather than Liberal.

chewkw
    Free Member

footflaps – Member

God helps us if Clegg becomes PM

Not a hope, …

😆 😆 😆

That’s dim alright – Clegg that is.

grum
    Free Member

Didn’t watch the debate but it’s depressing that supposedly Farage ‘won’ despite being called out on obvious BS like claiming that 29 million Bulgarians and Romanians could come here.

gobuchul
    Free Member

claiming that 29 million Bulgarians and Romanians could come here.

If he said “could” rather than “would” then he’s telling the truth.

allthepies
    Free Member

Devil’s advocate mode.

Why is that BS ? What’s to stop the entire population of Romania and Bulgaria moving to the UK 🙂

sbob
    Free Member

allthepies – Member

Why is that BS?

It’s BS because there are not 29 million Bulgarians and Romanians living in Bulgaria and Romania, it’s more like 27-28 million.

Hardly the BS of the year is it? Especially when you add on those that are living in other European countries.

gobuchul
    Free Member

It’s BS because there are not 29 million Bulgarians and Romanians living in Bulgaria and Romania, it’s more like 27-28 million.

28.64 million according to Wiki. Rounds up to 29 million. 🙂

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Even though they chose the battleground as facts, they were both very loose when using them!

Farrage did resort to the “I can speak louder and faster than you” trick though several times – normally a give away that some (slight or otherwise) BS is coming.

The Beeb is probably right, both need publicity, both desperate to be a “deciding” player, both probably winners in that respect.

(Only one wore the purple tie, the other was an imitation. Must gnaw at him, not being part of the hidden club)

Northwind

Rusty Spanner – Member

Scotland will never vote Tory – and he’s in a better position to implement even more ridiculous right wing nonsense without them.

Successive tory governments have realised there are advantages to having large parts of the country that you can treat however you like without ever worrying about their votes.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

What’s to stop the entire population of Romania and Bulgaria moving to the UK

There’s devil’s advocate mode and there are stupid questions. That one is the latter.

CountZero

Was Were Hitler or Stalin stupid?

FTFY 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Hmm, I would think that “was” would be correct there. “and” would take the “were” wouldn’t it?

gobuchul
    Free Member

CountZero – Member
    Was Were Hitler or Stalin stupid?

FTFY
    POSTED 8 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST
    deadlydarcy – Member
    Hmm, I would think that “was” would be correct there. “and” would take the “were” wouldn’t it?

FFS!Lighten up!

FTFYF.T.F.Y.

F.T.F.Y. 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

FFS!

Indeed…

Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘What is it with you lot down in England’ is closed to new replies.