Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • what is healthy to eat now adays, have not got a clue
  • JACKTHELAD
    Free Member

bought some jordans muesli as a change from porridge and eggs with toast

only to find out on the side of the pack for every 100grams of museli, it contains 31grams of sugar, can this possibly be healthy I wonder

so basically asking what do you have for breakfast

darrell
    Free Member

lesson learned then. stop reading the crap on the side of the packages and eat what you want

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Most packeted stuff has tonnes of sugar in, regardless.

I have a banana and a black fresh coffee.

If you wanna avoid sugar, stick with porridge.

elaineanne
    Free Member

cereal: special K, or shreddies, and toast…and sometimes a gud ole 'bacon butty' (well if someone else is cooking it, your tastebuds are screaming for bacon butties…lol

elaineanne
    Free Member

porridge is good too…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

PORAGE! 😉

MaxWall
    Free Member

DUST!!!!!! 😆

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

If you wanna avoid sugar

why bother, it's just carbs? I have loads on my porridge 🙂

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Hot oats .. would say porridge but it's Tesco pikey brand and I'll get told off by Scottish boss for calling ti porridge! Or other options are crumpets, hot cross buns, fruity loaf, wetabix, fresh fruit and natrual yoghurt. Oh not every day and not all at once!!!

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

mon-fri i have about 40g scots porridge oats made with water, green tea to drink.

in the summer on warm mornings when i can sit outside i like a fruit smoothie instead.

on sat/sun morning 2 slices of wholemeal/grain/seedy type toast (generally this is the only bread i eat all week) with butter/marmalade and a mug of builders tea – the latter being a treat for porridge all week.

jeez i sound like a spotter!!

robinbetts
    Free Member

Dorset cerial is better than jordans, and I'm sure there's no added sugar. Generally it's "added" sugar you want to worry about, as any cerial that has fruit in it is going to contain sugar. If it's natural I wouldn't worry.

Dibbs
    Free Member

Weetabix, is the stuff for my commute. 🙂

BigJohn

There are very few unhealthy meals. And even those can be part of a healthy diet.

But you can have an unhealthy diet even without eating unhealthy food.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Kind of like BigJohn's commenst! So true.

RealMan
    Free Member

OCB
    Free Member

Pretty much anything that's not 'processed', or off the back of an industrial food production line will be fine – whatever it is. Wholefoods are your friends, not that mixture of sugar/salt/palm oil/wheatflour mixture that seems to be the base for ~99% of most 'food' these days.

Toasted home made bread, made using organic spelt flour, with a no-salt, no-sugar, no additive organic peanut butter is a pretty fine start – add a decent, single estate oolong and you are away …

Milkie
    Free Member

so basically asking what do you have for breakfast

These 2-3 times a week:

Or Weetabix

The egg n bacon are real, but I don't think they are all that healthy! The sausage one is just pure grease, you can wring it like a cloth.

Keva
    Free Member

I buy Pertwood Organics museli and Natures Path millet rice and oatbran, mix it together it's great. Then a couple of slices of wholemeal/granary bread toasted with a bit of honey.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

I have porridge and coffee at 6:30 – by 9:30 i am STARVING!!

valleydaddy
    Free Member

any fruit that's in the house plus maybe a bowl of cereal if I have time.

maybe a bacon butty on weekend, if I remember to get some in.

OR

DIPPY EGGS with my girls are our fave with homemade toast doorsteps

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Generally it's "added" sugar you want to worry about,

worry why ? So long as you burn it up it doesn't matter what particular form the carbs take!

alpinegirl
    Free Member

The only cereal I've found that fills me up is Bircher muesli. Basically soak oats in apple juice over night (1 cup juice to 2 cups oats, will last okay a few days). In the morning mix with joghurt or milk & quark, half a grated apple, and add whatever other fruits you like – frozen berries left overnight to defrost are pretty cheap and taste great.

I reckon I stay full for about 4 or 5 hours on this whereas with porridge I'm hungry 30 minutes later.

Haze

This morning:

and…

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I'm hungry 30 minutes later

I always get this whatever I eat 🙂

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘what is healthy to eat now adays, have not got a clue’ is closed to new replies.