Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • What is Brechfa like at the moment?
  • the00
    Free Member

I’ve never been to Brechfa, usually making the shorter journey to Cwn Carm, Afan or Glyncorrig.

I have a chance to get there this week, What are the trails like at the moment?

Would BPW somewhere else be a better option?

odsbodkins
    Free Member

Did the gorlech on Saturday. Derwen and blue route couple weeks ago. All seemed fine to me. Fairly nearby cwm rhaeadr is good for a few laps too.

deviant
    Free Member

2 mins from me, the marked trails are fine….Welsh rock doesn’t get waterlogged.
    The off piste stuff is excellent too.

the00
    Free Member

Cool ta.

My other options are Coed Trallwm or Nant Yr Arian. How do these centers compare?

mountainman

Nant YR Arian has a shiny new pump track now according to the press.

May have to take a trip back over the water some time this spring accompanied by the bike.

deviant
    Free Member

Nant Y Arian more open, you have to hunt out the singletrack but the views are stunning.
    New pump track looks great, due to open imminently I believe.

chrispo
    Free Member

You’ll get wettest feet but most choice at Brechfa
    Nant yr Arian is more likely to be raining but has a cafeteria
    Cwm Rhaeadr is short but has longest funnest descent

chrispo
    Free Member

Coed Trallwm is no longer open. The trails weren’t much cop anyway.

the00
    Free Member

Thanks for your help, Brechfa it is. But Cwm Rhaeadr is on the radar for later in the week or for my next trip.

moonboy
    Free Member

Always enjoy a day Brechfa. If you haven’t been and can get there – go!

Nothing much more constructive to add

pyekid
    Free Member

I’ve emailed Coed Trallwm, as I was planning a stay there in April.
    They have assured me that the trails are open.

Ambrose

I’m glad that they are still open but there is only a morning’s worth of riding there unless there have been some big changes. There is some lovely local riding though. And if you don’t mind getting wet, the Tywi trail isn’t too far away.

chrispo
    Free Member

Sorry, my mistake about Trallwm. I didn’t know they’re still maintaining the trails. They’ve definitely shut the cafe and stopped hosting races, though, and I hear logging has trashed the enduro tracks. Lovely place to stay outside midge season.

antennae
    Free Member

Nant yr Arian pumptrack/skills whatnot opens 4th March. Yippee.

Do a lap of the Gorlech red at Brechfa (starting at Abergorlech), have a bag of Revels, then power round Cwm Rhaeadr a couple of times… it’s only 30 mins drive between the two 🙂

iffoverload
    Free Member

check out the Raven trail too, you can link it to the Gorlech

Ambrose

Cwm Rhaeadr is a gem of a place. One lap with the pooch followed by another without her is a great way to round off my day.

the00
    Free Member

Good ride yesterday, rode The Raven and linked in to Gorlech, but it was dark by the time I got back to the car park. That’s where I lost my glove ??

LordFelchamtheIII
    Free Member

You can join Brechfa (The Raven) and The Gorlech into 1x mahossive ride, and if you’re a real man/woman, you’ll go and do some laps of Cwm Rhaeadr ➡

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘What is Brechfa like at the moment?’ is closed to new replies.