• This topic has 52 replies, 38 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by hh45.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • What is about Audis?!?
  • piemann
    Free Member

Now, I'm not saying that all Audi drivers are c*nts, but from my commuting experiences recently, it would indeed seem that a lot of total c*nts drive Audis.

Look out for a silver Audi estate between South Manchester & Styal. Driven by a bald headed t%t who apprarently likes intimidating cyclists.

This idiot was sitting about 18 inches from my back wheel and then booted it past me going into a blind bend. I shook my head to myself (no shouting or gesticulating on my part, I swear) and then it went a bit strange. He weaved about a bit and then gave me the bird in his rear view mirror.

I guess he didn't like me returning his one-fingered salute and stopped his motor further along the road in an attempt to "discuss" the issue.

T*sser!!!

I didn't fancy a fight, so I rode past and blew him a big kiss as I went. I think that pissed him off more than the finger did 😉

Coleman
    Free Member

Anti Audi – Oh dear So Jeremy Clarkeson.

aP
    Free Member

Aparently audi is a "premium brand" and the only way you'll know it by the enormous number of them being aggressively driven by aspiring salesmen. I do like the large number of little diesel audis with the sporty body kit.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    organic355
    Free Member

your just jealous and want one 😀

You get to$$ers driving all sorts of cars, really dont think its anything to do with a make or model, although i generally think Porsche or ferrari drivers are bell ends

zaskar
    Free Member

Maybe it was just some late car drivers etc.

And you need to wash your mouth with soap swearing like, young man!

Ignore him, acting like you did basically portrays 2 idiots on the road.

dickydutch

ignore him? He's a dick and needed to be told. I like the kiss idea – leave him fuming!

kimbers

have done the blow a kiss thing at angry drivers before, gets em fuming!

theflatboy
    Free Member

haha, so near:

You get to$$ers driving all sorts of cars, really dont think its anything to do with a make or model

yet so far:

although i generally think Porsche or ferrari drivers are bell ends

😆

No point moaning about it on here long after the event when you could've done something about it at the time.

Remember a similar thing happening to one of my mates when we were students and living in Earls Court. When the driver who had cut him up stopped at the next set of lights, my mate rode past and clattered his wing mirror to piss him off. After a little chase, my mate just hopped onto the pavement and rode down a one way street, where the driver couldn't follow him. Not big or clever, but quite funny.

failedengineer

I just don't get this obsession with German 'premium brand' cars. They are well built and tend to be quite tasteful looking, but, with the possible exception of some BMWs, they don't drive any better or are any more reliable than, for instance, Ford and Vauxhall and they cost a ridiculous amount of money. I think that some people (and companies)have too much money!

BTW, I've got a company BMW at the moment.

aP
    Free Member

Apparently the type of car you drive defines your worth.

takisawa2

a lot of total c*nts drive Audis

Seconded.
    (But apologies in advance to non-c*nt Audi drivers, sadly few in no though IMO)

I'd have one though. 😀

Coleman
    Free Member

I can drive like a ****t in any make of car – multi talented me!

sobriety
    Free Member

I had a similar idiot to mike's friends last night on my way home, carved me up, hit his horn then had to stop 10m ahead as there was a queue for his left turn, saw the drivers side window come down as I approached ( I was going straight on in a different lane), slowed down and drowned out his F-ing and c-ing with the worlds biggest raspberry, hehehehe!

Edit: he was in a VW, close enough?

leggyblonde
    Free Member

but the pikey brands don't do 500+bhp estates failedengineer, so they're less "aspirational" to middle management types

vinnyeh

I think Hora's first car may have been an A2…

enough to put you off the marque for life 😆

Mister-P
    Free Member

People are c**ts. Doesn't matter what they drive, the job they do, how much they earn or where they live. They are all c**ts.

There I think that just about covers all rants on this forum.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I hate to say it, but thirded.

I also looked into one when offered a bargain 1.8 petrol A4 estate a while back – I bought a 1.8 petrol Focus estate. Statistically a lot more reliable, cheaper on fuel, parts and insurance, lots of space inside and similar performance to boot. It probably handles better as well.

I was shouted at by an Audi driver while commuting on the bike a while back for not making a right turn over a crowded but reasonably quickly moving thoroughfare – it took a cab driver to point out that he was stationary and blocking traffic on the wrong side of the road for him to admit the error of his ways, which he expressed using the medium of flooring it out of the junction into busy traffic.

I'm sure there are nice Audi drivers out there, but their a**ewipe counterparts certainly help fuel the stereotype.

sunchaser
    Free Member

A few times I've been hassled by the driver of an A6 estate whilst driving to work. It seems my 60mph on national speed limit road is just not fast enough & that I should get out of his way.

The same driver has also done this to a fellow worker on more than one occassion.

Seems you do get quite a few to$$ers driving Audis.

sunchaser (ex Audi driver)

failedengineer

Christ, I don't know any middle managers who have one of those things. I have to admit that i wouldn't mind an M5 estate, mind.

Clong
    Free Member

I think Hora's first car may have been an A2…

enough to put you off the marque for life

I have an A2, cracking little car. Its not not put me off Audis at all, quite the opposite.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Christ, I don't know any middle managers who have one of those things. I have to admit that i wouldn't mind an M5 estate, mind.

You obviously aren't working with the right middle management then, dahling. 😉

ourmaninthenorth

My father owned four Audis, two were the old 100 model, and prior to them (when he had some cash) two were ur-Quattros.

Does that make my father an ur-C**t?

😀

MountainMutant
    Free Member

I have an Audi.

You can kiss my ring(s)

MM

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

My father owned four Audis, two were the old 100 model, and prior to them (when he had some cash) two were ur-Quattros.

Does that make my father an ur-C**t?

I think he's safe – it's the company car underpowered A6s you need to keep an eye out for… 😉

stumpy01

I think you notice the BMW & Audi drivers, but you get them driving all sorts – the latest seems to be Toyota Avensis & Mazda 6 drivers. Perhaps their company cars have been downgraded from German marques because of the credit crunch?

I like it when all the Audi/VW drivers drive like muppets, particularly up to roundabouts in their 1.9/2L TDi's. I just nip in behind them & follow them back up to the NSL in my 'little' Ibiza, as they bellow stinking exahust gases trying to pull away. Not big. Not clever. But amusing, nonetheless.

As for gestures, the best ones are always a big smile & over-exaggerated wave or the blowing of a kiss.

Peregrine
    Free Member

Nothing to do with Audi,s, a c**t is a c**t regardless of the car they drive. This mornings c**t was driving a Focus. Yesterdays c**t was driving a Transit.

You can't let these people affect your day, acknowledge the incident and continue with your day.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

I drive an a3 tdi and I think some of you need to get a life. As someone else said further up the thread 'A c*nt is a c*nt regardless of make of car'. My car is a company car and I chose it becuase it was nicer than a focus, astra etc not because I think it gives me some status or kudos boost. When I ride on the road I'm not more aware of one marque or another. I always presume that any car could knock me off or cut me up.

aP
    Free Member

I think actually that's the point – most Audi drivers are company car driving reps. After all who'd actually buy one?

Andyhilton
    Free Member

I'm not a rep. If I had to buy a new car an Audi would certainly be higher in the list than a vauxhall, ford, fiat, skoda. renault or citroen for example. You get the idea?

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Not really… No.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

If I had to buy a car I would consider an audi. build quality and depreciation being two factors to consider. The last car I(me and my wife) bought was a MK6 Golf GT. So boring and German again.

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

Stick with the German cars!

Audi's Rule, far better that the French Rubbish!!!!

Great look cars, even better with 2 bikes on the top. 8)

OK, I drive a 2006 Audi & if I see a cyclist on the road I give them a wide birth (at least 1 cars width).

So does that make me a C**t?

organic355
    Free Member

I have an A3 2.0TDI, with bike racks on top. Yay, Im a C**t too!!! 😀

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Audi lovin! Oh yeah!

samuri
    Free Member

And lets face it, if we're slating Audi drivers then there's a long list of almost identical cars that have plenty of bits coming out of the same factory. VW, Audi, Seat, Skoda. Unless this is just a badge thing. Which it probably is.

For the record I think Audi's are great. My wife has an A3 and she's the steadiest, most sensible driver on the road.

boblo
    Free Member

samuri – Member
    <snip>
    For the record I think Audi's are great. My wife has an A3 and she's the steadiest, most sensible driver on the road.

And for a change, being a girl, has a c**t rather than being one. Makes a refreshing change 🙂

A6 driver here (not a 2.0 tho if that, according to the STW collective, is the refuge of the wannabee upwardly mobile). Nice motah, well built and nicely finished.

Dunt take an Audi to make me drive like a prize tit, I can manage it in any car….

DaRC_L

yep I used to like Audi's until the BMW drivers moved camp… 😉

bassspine
    Free Member

I had an A4 estate as my previous car. It was very nice to drive, and I always thought I detected a little surprise when I gave way to other drivers and gave cyclists extra space. I was obviously doing it wrong.

Now I have a white Focus estate and I seem to get a lot more space on the road. I really don't see why, maybe it looks like a plainclothes police car…

westkipper
    Free Member

Theres nothing wrong with Audi's, but there is something about most prestige marques, and especially 'drivers cars' that goes to the heads of a lot of the owners that can just about afford the credit agreement.
    The strange thing is Audi themselves used to pitch their brand as the car for drivers who dont want to be grouped with the Beemer/ Merc set- remember that advert with the flash, arrogant yuppie mouthing off as he throws an A4 aggresively round the Square mile, before pulling into a dealer, handing the keys back, and saying " nah mate, not my style"
    I thought that advert was one of the few responsible car ads- most show how fast/ how much power and how much status the car has( on totally empty roads, of course)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘What is about Audis?!?’ is closed to new replies.