Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • what is a good rigid fork for mountain bike?
  • racefaceec90

am going to be saving for a charge duster ti frame (p/x’ing my frame,swapping components).call me crazy 😉 but am thinking of going rigid on it(will still have my fox floats though as well).what would be a good fork (that does absorb some trail buzz if possible)

Kato

Kona P2, or one of those nice carbon Exotic ones?

andyl
    Free Member

Carbon ones – On One, Nukeproof, Exotic etc.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

I had an on-one carbon and quite liked it.

Northwind

Exotic carbon- cheap, works. People get upset about cheap carbon, so if you’re worried about that you could track down the same fork with Nukeproof branding and pay over twice as much 😉

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

light carbon would also be my choice. On the climbs it doesn’t matter what forks you have IMO, so light as poss is best, lighter makes it more pleasant and you’ll enjoy the climbs more lugging less weight. On the downs, rigid is rigid, people say carbon is more springy, maybe it is, they certainly looks to have loads of flex when you look down at them when on the brakes etc. unweighting the front and whole bike is easier the lighter the bike is, which also helps with a fully rigid bike.

racefaceec90

cheers everyone.will have a look at all the ones you recommended.to be honest am remeniscing about the old days (when i was fit.my lovely 1992 marin eldridge grade bike.rose tinted specs and all that 🙂

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

If you buy a headset with a split crown race you can easily swap forks around, but rigid forks just mean you have to think a bit more on the techy downs and maybe a few seconds slower to the bottom of the hill than you otherwise would be. It’s still all good fun tho. Occasionally (maybe) there’s bits of techy stuff you won’t ride down that you’ll be certain you would with suspension, that’s the only downside I’ve found.

takisawa2

I have some of the cheaper alloy Exotic rigids, .& they are more flexible than I expected. They are only slightly heavier than the carbons.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘what is a good rigid fork for mountain bike?’ is closed to new replies.