• This topic has 126 replies, 32 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Pyro.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 127 total)
  • What is a 'genuine bloke'?
  • Solo
    Free Member

but the description on the tin might say ‘deep and philosophical’

Would that be tweed jacket, glasses, pipe, etc ?.

derek_starship
    Free Member

and doesn’t stare at me and GF if we wander about in tee shirts and knickers. Decent, y’know?

That’s NOT a proper bloke.

Cougar

That’s NOT a proper bloke.

Course it is. He knows if he stares, they’ll stop doing it.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Emsz – have you ever looked through the pictures on Chris’ phone?

emsz
    Free Member

No….should I d’you think. 😆

more likely to be shots of his mates arses on the piss, y’know what rugger types are like.

derek_starship
    Free Member

I’m a proper bloke and will be candid about this: women in t shirts and knickers = just about the sexiest thing on the planet. There.

binners

Me? The 13th Duke of Wybourne? Here? In a sixth form girl’s dormitory? At three o’clock in the morning? With my reputation? What were they thinking of?

philconsequence
    Free Member

maybe Chris likes a different kinda looking lady? maybe he’s just a decent bloke? maybe he’s the kinda chap who can go to a beach and stare at the sea instead of all the ladies in what might as well be underwear….

or maybe he has a hard drive full of secret footage he’s taken.

anyway… the only lady whos responded to the question about what a genuine bloke is, is one who isnt interested in finding a genuine bloke.. quite an important thing considering the context of the question.

any older single ladies wish to respond, or has all the boob talk and inevitable excitement caused by the young emsz and her talk of knickers put you off responding to the thread?

(emsz… chris does sound like a good guy 🙂 so if by any chance he does have secret cameras hidden in your bedroom, let him keep them lol)

Solo
    Free Member

any older single ladies wish to respond, or has all the boob talk

I’m guessing that is exactly why some women, lurking, won’t reply.

My dating website experience has indicated to me that most women do not seem to list the word genuine about their prospective partner.
    They describe themselves as genuine, but when reading the profiles I have, I note most are seeking to travel, have adventures, as they have been doing for years and well into their late 30s.

Makes me wonder where they get all the money from to travel and have so much time off work.
    😀

Cougar

WRT the ‘staring at chests’ thing,

I used to be pretty shy and found eye contact difficult. Still do, to an extent, but nowhere near as bad as I used to be. So, I’d avert my gaze slightly. The problem there is it’s easy to avert downwards; So I’d not particularly be looking at someone’s chest so much as staring off into the middle distance where their chest happened to be. It wasn’t until someone gently told me off for it that I even realised I was doing it.

druidh
    Free Member

derek_starship – Member
    I’m a proper bloke and will be candid about this: women in t shirts and knickers = just about the sexiest thing on the planet. There.

Sigourney Weaver. Alien. Final scene.

* bucket of water for derek_starhip please….*

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Solo – ask them what they’re looking for… most of them will say genuine… many will struggle to tell you what this means.

I’m still not satisfied I have an answer to what “genuine” means to women… so if there’re any female lurkers who would like to respond… please do.

I promise not to start stalking you and will do my best moderator impression and stamp down on any unruly comments… I’m watching you Solo.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Cougar – you have to be very careful doing that in male changing rooms.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Sigourney Weaver. Alien. Final scene.

+1 – in this case, the sexiest thing OFF the planet!

donsimon
    Free Member

any older single ladies wish to respond, or has all the boob talk

I’m guessing that is exactly why some women, lurking, won’t reply.
    I haven’t seen anything that would be regarded as offensive to women here and the women not posting would either be down to a prudish reaction or they’re still deciding which shoes/handbag combo will be best for the office today.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

The definition is gonna vary depending on how lager swilling, girly shagging, football watching, saturday night fighting your outlook on life is. But probably somewhere between these two characters.

<from here to here>

Solo
    Free Member

Solo – ask them what they’re looking for… most of them will say genuine… many will struggle to tell you what this means.

Sorry TSY, I’m struggling with that one.

I’m watching you Solo
    Then my furry friend, you are looking at the personification of a genuine bloke and need look no further.
    😉

Hence why I don’t play with games consoles, I do not claim to be a women when participating on cycling forums…. and a whole load of other stuff, yadda, yadda.

Its a funny old game. One minute a person will write that they’ve base jumped from the top of everest, but then also declare that they can stay home with a bottle of wine and a DVD….Errr, yeah, we can all do that.
    So whats really being said, is that we’re all pretty normal ?.

So, whats the hang up ?.
    😉

willard
    Cougar

Cougar – you have to be very careful doing that in male changing rooms.

If it’s at chest height, I’m not the one that needs to be careful.

tron
    Free Member

Genuine bloke to me means practical – should be able to top up the cars oil and do basics like putting up shelves etc. Should have at least one proper practical skill, say fixing the car, DIY or woodwork etc. Must have his own tool set.

The other thing is that he looks after his family. Puts food on the table and spends time with them.

donsimon
    Free Member

Genuine bloke to me means practical – should be able to top up the cars oil and do basics like putting up shelves etc. Should have at least one proper practical skill, say fixing the car, DIY or woodwork etc. Must have his own tool set.
    The other thing is that he looks after his family. Puts food on the table and spends time with them.

Conversely the lady of the house should show her appreciation of the hunter gatherer by maintaining the home, cooking the food that our man has so valiantly won and providing him with a strong and healthy heir.

Cougar

Surely “genuine” just means “not a lying sack of dog eggs who’s going to tell me he loves me and then plumb my sister,” n’est-ce pas?

Solo
    Free Member

Tron.
    I Can’t argue with that, but you seem to have over looked the old killer….

someone who will make me laugh.

Not too much pressure then.

So. Wanted: Genuine bloke who makes me laugh a lot

*oh, and who can change the oil in the motor, fix the leaking cold water feed for the toilet (my particular job last weekend 🙁 )
    clean, bring home the bacon and be able to cook it*

Like I say, theres some tall orders out there, ime.
    🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Cougar – I think you’ve nailed it! Now, any lady lurkers fancy corroborating this?

Solo and Tron… way too literal IMO.

Solo
    Free Member

Surely “genuine” just means “not a lying sack of dog eggs who’s going to tell me he loves me and then plumb my sister,” n’est-ce pas?

Crikey yes, I think genuine should cover that !.

finbar
    Free Member

“Genuine bloke” strikes me as the kind of phrase only an intellectually-subnormal Loaded-reading lad/ladette would use. If a girl on a dating website requested one i’d run a mile.

Solo
    Free Member

Solo and Tron… way too literal IMO

As my married friends tell it, when all the dust has settled and daily life together is the norm, women are quite practically minded.
    😉

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

finbar – I think that demonstrates that there is a gulf in understanding between what women and men might mean when they use the word ‘genuine’.

I’m guessing that the single women is looking for genuine as in sincere. Not as in sterotypical..

bikebouy
    Free Member

Genuine..

Erm, what have you to guage “genuine” against?

Solo
    Free Member

I think that demonstrates that there is a gulf in understanding between what women and men might mean when they use the word ‘genuine’.

I’m guessing that the single women is looking for genuine as in sincere. Not as in sterotypical..

Think I’m agreeing with that.

derek_starship
    Free Member

bikebouy – it’s “gauge”.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

As I said earlier…

‘Genuine’ = honest, reliable, dependable, WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get)

cinnamon_girl

😆 at this thread but I really don’t have anything to add to it except … George Clooney … swoon. 8)

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

CG, I think TSY was just hoping for an ego boost and for someone to say what a genuine bloke he is 😆

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

C’mon Auntie… we value your two pennies worth…

LOL @ DirtyG… nope… It’s really a thread to help myself and others understand what women mean.

cinnamon_girl

DG – 😆 TSY is lovely though and he’d make someone very happy!

TSY – I guess a genuine bloke is someone who feels comfortable with himself, shortcomings/warts and all.

Trouble is so many folk are full of angst/insecurity/low self-esteem etc. (delete as apppropriate) therefore our judgment can become clouded.

Edit: re the dating thread – people as they get older can be less tolerant of other folk’s shortcomings/personality traits and unwilling to overlook these.

druidh
    Free Member

What is a ‘genuine bloke’?

You’ve met me and you have to ask?

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

One that doesn’t check out your tits *quite* so obviously?

I’d question the genuineness of any “bloke” checking mine, obviously or not

tron
    Free Member

Nah don Simon, she’s putting new seals in the brake calipers whilst I’m fitting new brake lines…

Cougar

I think I’ve worked out where the confusion lies.

“Genuine bloke” means “a bloke who is genuine” as opposed to “someone who is genuinely a bloke.”

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 127 total)

The topic ‘What is a 'genuine bloke'?’ is closed to new replies.