Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • What is a decent price to pay for a wedding venue? Help!
  • JimmyB
    Free Member

Got married in August…

Venue Hire = £600 (Council Arts venue)
    Decoration = £50 (Ribbon mostly)
    Flowers = £400
    Her Dress = £1200 (Lengha)
    MyOutfit = £65 (Kilt Hire)
    Chair covers = Nope, waste of money
    Cake = £120
    Ceilidh Band = £670 (One of very best!, Thanks Jake)
    DJ = £300 (Bloody good, not your wee guy with a disco, they even did a remix of Nick cave for me!)
    Catering = £1000 (Indian 3 course buffet with Coffee etc.)
    First drink= £200
    Photographer = Nope, eneough people took shots & they were great, much more natural & relaxed. Quoted £800 for basic package of tacky shots.
    Bar = Hire Bar (This was bit that I regret, stuff was watered down I reckon but family sorted it by getting a few boot fulls of booze from the ASDA nearby).

At the end of the day, if the entertainment is good & there's good food & drink then nobody will be caring about anything else.
    The worst weddings are the ones where you stand in a beautiful venue getting waited on hand & foot utterly bored out of your mind.

We had a great day.

Macgyver

We paid for food and drink (which wasn't stupidly expensive) but the venue only cost us $10 per head. That covered table decorations, tables, chairs and exclusive use of the whole bar at the hotel and staff Bargain! Unfortunately we had left by the time guests we dancing fully clothed in the pool!

http://hopetownlodge.com/reefbar.htm

Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘What is a decent price to pay for a wedding venue? Help!’ is closed to new replies.