Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • What is 8.2 hectares in real money?
  • SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Say in football pitches or m^2

alfabus
    Free Member
    IHN

82000 m sq

20.26 acres

81.05 roods

3242.02 pole sq

882640.65 sabins

202.63 chain sq

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

alfabus – http://bit.ly/y78UtF

BigJohn

A hectare is about 2.5 acres.

So I think of an acre as half a small football pitch, and a hectare is a big football pitch.

So it’s 8 football pitches.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Thanks BigJohn.

alfabus
    Free Member

alfabus – http://bit.ly/y78UtF

no need to be rude, I got your requested answer for you.

Where is my thank you?

IHN

So did I, where’s my mine?

Charming…

maccruiskeen

As something you can actually visualise – imagine an area the size of Wales, now imagine dividing that into 2.08 million equal pieces. The pieces can be any shape you like, but for fun lets make them the shape of octopus (any species you like really) They’ll be quite big ones though. Now take 9 of those octopus, and with one of them chop off 6 of the legs and quite a bit bit of the head and discard. So your area is the size of 8 and bit of these imaginary enormous octopi, once you’ve flattened them out quite a bit. Of course the octopi could be rocking horses instead, anything you like really.

So it’s 8 football pitches.

But those football pitches are octopus shaped, only kind of flattened and stretched

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Give a straight answer and you’ll get a straight thanks. Give an answer that takes the long way round and the thanks will do the same.

alfabus
    Free Member

Give a straight answer and you’ll get a straight thanks.

I didn’t think you were after the quick route. You spent longer typing the question into STW than it would have taken you to get the result by typing it into Google.

I’m not quite sure calling me a cock really counts as ‘thanks’ either.

Dave

ahwiles
    Free Member

big enough for a really massive pump-track.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

I think you’ll find that I just posted a let me google that for you link the the word “walloper”. If you want to interpret that as me calling you a cock then that’s your decision, not mine.

wwaswas

If nothing else, googling it yourself would have avoided yet another thread that descended into name calling and argument 🙁

zokes
    Free Member

I was going to measure the area of a tenner for you and tell you how many tenners would be in 8.2 ha (you did want 8.2 ha converting to real money, which I admit even google would be hard-pressed to do in one hit for you).

But since you’re quite happy to call someone who helped you a cock, then be too cowardly to admit it makes me think I wont bother. Anyway, a ha is 10,000 m-2. If you don’t know that from school, maybe you should go back there and learn?

alfabus
    Free Member

If you want to interpret that as me calling you a cock then that’s your decision, not mine.

Interpret this

chvck
    Free Member

Did you mean: ungrateful idiot who can’t work out how to multiply a number by 10000

heh, fail!

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Cant work out how to do what to a number?

alfabus
    Free Member

@chvck, i was busy ninja editing that 🙂

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Anyway, I’m off to explore an 8.2 hectare woodland with my kids. Enjoy your bickering.

alfabus
    Free Member

My bickering? You called me a cock because I helped you!

BigJohn

A cock the size of 8 football pitches is indeed a walloper.

trail_rat
    Free Member

this thread reminds me of dave gormans genius radio shows solution for space visualisation

“now lets all do your wales times table”

1 x wales is wales
    4 x wales is ireland
    25x wales is france

TooTall
    Free Member

I do believe the Rules of the Internet permit the residents of a forum to ridicule a poster if they ask a really bone question that would have been far better, quicker and easier answered if they only Googled it.

Or is this how Big Hitters remain big?

trail_rat
    Free Member

SBZ yesterday

StirlingCrispin

I’m confused: This says 20 football pitches,
    (or almost 4 microWales)

http://www.theregister.co.uk/Design/page/reg-standards-converter.html#area

wwaswas

wales is bigger than 20 football piches, surely?

IHN

Give a straight answer and you’ll get a straight thanks.

Say in football pitches or m^2

IHN – Member

82000 m sq

Ahem?

I know someone’s a walloper, and it ain’t Dave.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

what’s going on here? 3 mentions of football and nobody posting that they don’t like “wendyball” cos they is too cool for skool

maccruiskeen

wales is bigger than 20 football piches, surely

depends what shape the football pitches are, and whether they are made of something stretchy

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

or american football, or subbuteo football, or football as played by amazing interdimensional pan-galactic beings whose entire worlds can fit on the head of a bin.

wwaswas

entire worlds can fit on the head of a bin

and then some git presses the pedal to put their leftovers in and their planet and civilisation is splatted all over the kitchen wall.

maccruiskeen

and then some git presses the pedal to put their leftovers in and their planet and civilisation is splatted all over the kitchen wall.

makes you think really. I mean, whats it all about? You know, like life and stuff.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Had some great fun in the woods climbing trees with the boys. Taught them how to dangle.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘What is 8.2 hectares in real money?’ is closed to new replies.