Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • What Iphone
  • flashes
    Free Member

So I’ve managed with a brick so far. I use it just for calls and texting (more for emergencies). I’d like to be able to take photos and move them to my IPad, ideally I’d like as small as possible and that’ll go decent peroids between charges, new or used, does this exist???

thecaptain
    Free Member

SE seems a good choice, at least it did when I got mine.

jekkyl

the SE, is basically the 6 in a 5 shell, was made for exactly that reason for people who like a 4″ screen. Argos are doing them sim free for 300 quid for the 32gb version.

simon_g

Yep, iPhone SE. Picked up a 128GB one a few weeks ago and it’s so nice to have a compact phone again that’s fast and has decent battery life.

the-muffin-man

An SE fits the bill.

Don’t get an S – they are pretty ancient now.

And no iPhone will give decent periods between charges – just get in the habit of sticking them on charge every night or every other night if really light use.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Second hand 6 or newer would be my call. I like the larger screen and could not go back. Typed on my iPhone 6 8)

Whatever you get 32gb shoud be the min, its a struggle to make do with just 16 these days

Battery life. The phone will need charging every night amd a car charge if you use it as a sat nav. A £10 Anker battery pack is worth it if you will be away from a charger for a while or want to say log an all day ride. Also Anker replacement charging cables are a good alternative to expensive Apple ones, 2m cable useful

lunge

SE. Smaller screen, good camera, battery life good. Yes, you’ll crave a bigger screen in time but at the moment you think you want a small screen so won’t listen to us!

convert

I have a 7plus as my personal phone. It’s amazing how fast you get used to the size both in terms of carrying it around and also the size of the keypad and text etc. I got a 5se as a new work phone last week. I’m not loving it. The screen size feels silly now.

the-muffin-man

On the flip-side – my wife loves the size of her SE after several years of lugging some massive android phone around.

Coyote
    Free Member

I got sick of carrying the equivalent of wide screen TVs round so I too wanted a more compact screen.

Got an iPhone SE (My first iPhone) and I am completely sold on it. Ticks all the boxes and is a fantastic phone. Very happy. Also don’t think I’d go back to Android now.

z1ppy

Love my 5SE have no interest in a tablet as a phone, g/f’s 5S died last week (though I’ve since replaced the battery) so she is going to look at new ones friday, I can say without doubt she will be buying a 5SE, it’s going to be a wasted journey….

flashes
    Free Member

OK, ta,
    I’ll look into an SE….

squadra
    Free Member

John Lewis also selling the SE for £299, with 2 yr warranty

CountZero

Looks like the SE isn’t getting a refresh this autumn when the main models do, so it may or may not be worth looking now.
    1) If people know it might not get a refresh it might get snapped up quickly, or 2) it might carry on unchanged but there might be interesting upgrades to the 7S/7S+
    Certainly the SE has been very popular, and is a bloody good phone for anyone who doesn’t need a bigger device.
    I couldn’t go smaller than my 6+, the screen is just right for satnav use, which I use daily, and it’s a handy size as an eBook reader.
    I’ll be looking at the iP8 or whatever they call the damned thing this year, my phone’s three years old, that’ll have about the same size screen, but will be physically smaller because there’s virtually no frame around it, so it’ll be easier to carry, which will be nice…

jambalaya
    Free Member

What @convert says, I got the 6 got used to screen in a few weeks and wished I’d got the Plus size. Kicked myself for missing a 7 Plus on here at a great price 😐

OP those SE deals are great for a new phone to be honest, given you haven’t been hooked on screen yet and have an ipad maybe thats the way to go. You can always tether / personal hotspot your ipad to your mobile data when you are out and about

wobbliscott
    Free Member

If getting on a contract the price difference between the SE and 6S is not that great and the benefit of the larger screen is well worth it. I have a personal 5 and a work 6 and the larger size of the 6 is no problem at all. I really can’t see why you’d want a smaller phone or screen. The 5 is more awkward to hold, I drop it more often and after using the 6 for a while now it just seems a very inconvenient size.

as others have said, now i’m looking to replace my own 5 i’m actually leaning towards the 6plus. As my eyes get weaker the appeal of the larger screen is starting to win out.

blitz

Another vote for SE. Massive battery life improvement on the older gen phones. As big as I ever want a phone to be. Does everything well.

dudleycon93
    Free Member

Ya the spec of it is just very good with such low price.

mikertroid
    Free Member

@jeckyll the SE is a 6s in a 5 body minus the multi touch.

I’ve had mine for just under a year and it’s been great. Will prob go for a bigger screen next purchase whenever I can be bothered!

spacemonkey

7 Plus here as work phone. Cracking device in terms of speed and usability. The keypad is much easier and quicker to use IMO due to the sheer size of the thing.

However, I have an 4s and Galaxy S6 as personal phones and although comparatively lacking in power etc, they make up for it in portability. 7 Plus is too big IMO to cart around everywhere. No way is it going out with me on runs/rides. 4s and S6 demonstrate the optimum (size) range for getting stuff done on the move without compromising on ability.

skids
    Free Member

If you want small buy a new SE, it’s easy really easy to handle taking photos and the battery life is good

MrSmith
    Free Member

SE, as nice as the bigger screens are you have to carry it around, some of the phones now look absolutely ridiculous.
    I appreciate they are better if you need a satnav etc but when people whip them out in the pub it’s like you should get a pen an paper ready to take notes on the presentation they are about to give.
    Don’t scrimp and get the 5 as the camera and video is miles ahead on the SE

FuzzyWuzzy

A big screen makes sense if you want to use it as a sat nav/ereader/do a lot of web browsing/write a lot of emails etc. but otherwise it’s just unnecessary (and in this case the OP doesn’t mention wanting to do anything other than basic stuff).

kraken2345
    Free Member

I picked up one of the last SE 64gb models available last week after lugging around a htc m8 for the least 2 years. I’ve got tiny hands so not having to do the shuffle to reach the top corner is great as is truly one handed use. Always loved the design since the 5 came out but always been an android guy, thus far very happy just waiting on a leather case to arrive as the silves alu back shows marks easily and I want to keep it nice.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘What Iphone’ is closed to new replies.