• This topic has 8 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by beej.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What insurance for road ride holiday in the alps?
  • singletracksurfer

A colleague is riding one of the mountain stages and wants to get some insurance that’ll get him home (and get some immediate treatment I assume) should he have a big accident.

Any advice/recommendations?

Thanks

golo
    Free Member

I looked at this a couple of times and road riding is generally not called out as something that needs to be declared. That said, I would buy the insurance from a company that explicitly states it as a covered activity.

Tracey

Have a look at Yellow Jersey

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    FuzzyWuzzy

I’ve always used http://www.snowcard.co.uk in the past for road training camps – they class it the same as cycle touring as it’s non-competitive. You can add clothing cover etc. as well which can be handy if you end up sliding down the road.

flannol
    Free Member

It’s always been listed as an accepted sport on my annual (cheap) travel insurance policy

brassneck

I’ve bought Yellow Jersey for my London to Amsterdam. About £30 for 5 days, I don’t hold any other travel insurance though as I try and get bank accounts etc. that cut all that cruft out.

To be honest I’m more concerned about my colleagues riding than drivers as hazards go. Remember your EHIC too.

singletracksurfer

Brilliant thanks very much,thats perfect.

wwpaddler
    Free Member

I’ve just had competitive quotes from LV and Harrison Beaumont for kayaking and mountain biking in the Alps. Pretty sure they cover road cycling too. Approx £30 for 2 weeks.

beej

Depends if by “riding one of the stages” you mean something like the Etape – i.e. organised and timed. This could be classed as a competitive event in which case it’s unlikely he’d be covered by normal insurance and would need something from Dogtag or similar.

If he’s riding on open roads outside of an event, he’s probably covered by normal travel insurance.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What insurance for road ride holiday in the alps?’ is closed to new replies.