Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What insulated jacket?
  • Prophet2
    Free Member

Hi

I’m looking to get an insulated jacket, however there seems to be so many to choose from. To date I usually just buy whatever TK Maxx have in stock at the time but for this purchase I thought I would try and be a bit more selective.

Budget is £100, it will be mainly used for winter walks in the Scottish Borders so it will need a hood, be waterproof plus nice and cosy!

Any recommendations on good jackets welcomed 😀

jimjam
    Free Member

There have actually been quite a few threads recently on the subject. As always, recommend what you have so I recommend the Mountain Equipment Bastion. Just over your budget at sale price. Light, comfortable, durable, toasty and water repellent. Still warm when wet too.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

I’ve got a Paramo Adventure smock and Rab Generator, both from the sale rail at Go outdoors at around your budget (more if you’re paying the normal price) both completely excellent and very warm jackets. the Paramo just edges it for me.

peterfile
    Free Member

Budget is £100, it will be mainly used for winter walks in the Scottish Borders so it will need a hood, be waterproof plus nice and cosy

Focus on shower proof rather than waterproof. If you need waterproof you’ll need to spend mega bucks, so easier just to stick a shell over the top if you’re expecting being both wet and cold.

stumpy01

I bought one of these a few weeks ago. It’s really comfy with a well fitting hod and seems warm – although temps not really dropped yet.

It’s not waterproof though….

http://www.thehut.com/sports-jackets/craghoppers-men-s-danby-hooded-insulated-jacket-black-pepper-charcoal/black/10988502.html

Prophet2
    Free Member

Cheers guys, some nice suggestions. I’ll be heading into Go Outdoors this weekend as it looks like a good shop to start with.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What insulated jacket?’ is closed to new replies.