• This topic has 46 replies, 33 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by chomp.
Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • What in car phone holders are you all using??
  • Kryton57

I bought one of those £2 holders that nickjb linked to. I’m amazed, it’s alright, it works, I couldn’t shake my phone out of it and it doesn’t come off the windscreen unless you want it too.

£2, including delivery ordered Saturday and it arrived this morning, amazing. I only needed it when I need visuals as my phone plays audio/phone/nav thought the car so, perfect.

CountZero

Just had to order another Arkon holder, because I stupidly left mine on the windscreen of a car I dropped off at Blackbushe this afternoon! Buggeration! 👿

mogrim

In my own car I use a Niteize Steely stuck to the front of my dash, mostly for playing music if I’m not listening to 6Music.

I’ve got one of those magnetic holders too, it’s great.

CountZero

I’ve got one of those magnetic holders too, it’s great.

Yeah, I like them a lot, it’s always there, and it doesn’t obstruct the screen, or have a cable all over the place.
    Not an option for the day-job though, I’m driving two or three different cars every day, so it has to be easily transferable;
    of course it’s also easily left behind if you’re a muppet! 🙄
    Just ordered a couple of the ones like nickjb posted, just as a cheap backup.

pinkwafer

Same as torsoinalake, I use the Scosche Magicmount dash that I bought from GoOutdoors. Does the job well but does mean I have a little black square on the back of the phone for the magnet to stick to.

aracer
    Free Member

Scosche Magicmount here – no need to fiddle with a cradle, just pop the phone on and it sticks in place. The metal plate sits inside the case and you wouldn’t know it was there when it’s not on the mount – though I’m not sure how it would work with a flipcase.

I have one of the flat mount ones stuck to a flat bit of my dash next to the stereo – so it’s also pretty unobtrusive without a phone. They also do mounts with adjustable bits if you haven’t got somewhere convenient like that. And of course suction cup ones for the screen – though personally I don’t think mounting anything obstructing your view out of the screen is a good idea when it you can see it just as well mounted on the dash below the screen.

Oh and like others I use the phone for satnav, for which it works better than a dedicated satnav – particularly as often I know where I’m going but interested in diverting due to traffic (and it will also find me an off motorway supermarket). I don’t do other things with it whilst driving – though will answer a call on the car’s bluetooth if I’m on a motorway and the call doesn’t involve too much thought.

chomp
    Free Member

use one of these which does the trick. It comes with discs you can stick to the back of your phone case if it’s too thick for the magnets to do the trick.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘What in car phone holders are you all using??’ is closed to new replies.