• This topic has 32 replies, 26 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by D0NK.
Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • What if everyone told the truth and spoke thier thoughts out loud?
  • kaesae
    Free Member

How long do you think you can go, without having to lie or think something into your head without saying it out?

For the next few days try being aware of when you lie and when you think stuff but don’t say it to the person your thinking it about!

scaredypants

have you just watched that kack film ?

alexxx
    Free Member

I think this is a shit thread – there I said it..

edit..
    ( I actually quite like the thread, I was just playing Devils Advocate) hehe

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I think the consensus on STW is that only politicians lie.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

The world would be a miserable place.

bencooper
    Free Member

…it’d be pretty noisy.

user-removed
    Free Member

I invariably find that people who, “say it as they see it”, or claim to be straight talkers would do well to keep their thoughts to themselves.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Define lying.

Is it saying something that you know not to be true? But does it cover neglecting to mention something?

I rarely if ever say thing I know not to be true, but I often fail to mention things.

organdonor
    Free Member

I always tell the truth, even when I lie…

-Tony Montana

edlong
    Free Member

my entire life would fall apart within hours

chewkw
    Free Member

Dear Leader speaks the truth about maggots infestation. 😈

Truth? Maggots can’t handle the truth!

Rorschach
    Free Member

There are few posters on here that think they do that already…only they don’t think too hard first….and it’s a funny version of the truth 😕

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

If I spoke my thoughts out loud I’d be banned for life within about ten seconds.

One day I probably will.

Rorschach
    Free Member

You’ve been watching House hav’nt you kaesae?

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

Is this the one where you think bad things about the bearings you sell but don,t voice it to the box of them.

Or perhaps you have lined up different bearings on a magnet tool tray and told them what you really think.

theyak
    Free Member

It would be like you were hanging around with The Yak all the time.

sas
    Free Member

You’re weird. All of you.

hertz32
    Free Member

It’d be like the bit in invention of lying where he goes to her house she comes down to say hi And insted starts talking about how a date made her hony so she masterbated the he said that that made him think of her vagina…

LoCo
    Free Member

Dude, do not listen to the eyelet bushes they’re evil [/b] 😯

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

Pmsl at loco :d

ronjeremy
    Free Member

I will confess here after having had a shit weekend and really not being in the mood for it, I have actually been saying a few (well lots) of home truths to my colleagues at work, and it is very refreshing and to be honest after the initial shock people are being more open to me about things, that said I may well have to buy lots of beers on Friday night

yunki
    Free Member

mate, you want to get into the daily habitual local pub regular drinking scene.. (unfortunately it has died a bit of a death since the smoking ban etc)

that’s exactly how it works.. why would you need or want to sensor yourself..!?
    Fantastic for the soul, terrible for the liver and kidneys, with a side effect of regular black eyes and split lips.. life affirming stuff

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

Yunki, yunki, yunki, must try harder to throw first punch.

nealglover
    Free Member

How long do you think you can go

Another stupid thread, from the king of stupid threads.

(Not long)

aracer
    Free Member

I think the consensus on STW is that only politicians lie.

You appear to have mistakenly put the “only” before “politicians” in that sentence, ernie.

BlobOnAStick

I’d be diagnosed with tourettes within 2 hours.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

No it wasn’t a mistake aracer. It clearly seems to be the consensus on STW that all politicians lie, the assumption therefore is that other people don’t lie, otherwise what would be the point of making the claim?

althepal

Well, there might not be so many vgc brakes for sale in the classifieds..
    Come to think of it, the classifieds would prob be a lot different than it is now!

aracer
    Free Member

It clearly seems to be the consensus on STW that all politicians lie, the assumption therefore is that other people don’t lie

Well if you’re determined to take it so seriously, then no, that assumption doesn’t follow at all.

Let’s try an analogy here: all penguins swim. Am I suggesting that fish don’t swim? Is there no point in making the claim because fish swim?

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

Politicians defer the yes/no answer to critics with time consuming drivvle which they seem happy to offload to their voters.

Of course they lie too at times but then again, bummer tories were never taught to lie properly at their institutions when growing up.

We should have a public vote off to vote that inbred politicians children should have to learn in state schools then perhaps the children could teach their father’s/mother’s street talk, and discuss over smoked salmon and flame grilled duck breast at meal times that common folk as they say are actually alright, well a minority atleast hehe.

Oh how the other half beliefs are so distorted and not tuned to what the majority of this countries population actually know it to be.

Karinofnine

Thoughts: I think it would slow all those daily routine transactions down to an untenable level because it would take ages to say all the things that come into my head.

I think there would be a lot of fighting and upset – I think that the process of arriving at the ‘end thought’ involves going through a series of not-quite-right thoughts which are discarded as the decision-making process continues and should not be articulated.

Truth: I’ve done lots of counselling and I find I have to be very careful with what I say to people who have not done counselling. A lot of people struggle – feel uncomfortable – when they encounter honesty. I am known for being open and honest but even I know when to be tactful (ie tell a lie).

Some people I know are very overweight. I wouldn’t dream of saying “F*** me, you’re fat! You’re just like a big blubbery whale! Do you sweat a lot? Can you feel it all wobbling when you walk?”. If they said to me that they were fat, I would agree like this “Well, yes, you certainly are overweight. Did you mention it because you are thinking of losing weight?” – or something along those lines.

And why on earth am I up at 5:16 posting on the internet? I’m going to try to go back to sleep otherwise I’ll be tired later and I want to get out for a ride.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

aracer – Member

Well if you’re determined to take it so seriously

Unlike you ?! 😀

D0NK

I had to teach a mate the meaning of the word discretion, also had to explain to him about not verbalising everything that popped into his head and that way he might not upset girlfriends so much. Think he was about 25 at the time.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘What if everyone told the truth and spoke thier thoughts out loud?’ is closed to new replies.