• This topic has 39 replies, 36 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by BFITH.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • What idiot signs up to Amazon prime by accident……
  • sandwicheater

oh! 😳

The pit falls of shopping while swigging beer.

May as well make the most of it for the next month.

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

I’ve left now, but I’m one 😳

binners

*holds hand up sheepishly* 😳

jam-bo

they are quite good a refunding it if you forget to cancel the free trail

jonnyboi

isn’t it free for the first month anyway?

ffej
    Free Member

Me too. Very easy (as they intend it to be) to click without reading and end up with a trial.

J

scaredypants

you can cancel and get a proportional refund, can’t you ?

might as well use it for your last minute chistmas shit

mintimperial

My missus, apparently. I’ve nearly clicked the button a couple of times but have dodged the bullet so far.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Yup. Managed not to watch Clarkson before exiting though, phew!

sandwicheater

Will take full advantage and cancel after a month (if i remember) but always used to think at checkout ‘really, what dullard falls for this’.

My wife explained she thinks less of me.

steve-g
    Free Member

Is it really not worth having?

I am considering signing up, I will have myself and two kids all with the Kindle Fire tablets, prime would get us a load of TV and music that I think would be worth it, the free delivery I would treat as a nice freebie

scaredypants

Managed not to watch Clarkson before exiting though

last minute chistmas shit

😀

jonnyboi

you can sign up then cancel straight away, you still get the full 30 day trial and you don’t have to remember to cancel then.

stever
    Free Member

We’re on Prime anyway and the kids accidentally signed up again on another account. Refund was easy in a ‘we get this all the time’ sort of way.

yetidave
    Free Member

I was refunded in full. As I didn’t realise I had signed up, I had never used any of the benefits – full refund followed a short chat with them.

davidr

I never realised that they would refund you if you forgot to cancel! I did the free trial then forgot to cancel so just enjoyed next day delivery and watched a lot of films for a year.

yetidave
    Free Member

only refunded me as I hadn’t used the benefit.

revs1972
    Free Member

So far I have purchased enough “prime” items for the postage to pay for itself, so all the other benefits are a bonus

martinhutch

It’s only worth it for me this month. So I’ll be cancelling my trial on Friday…

BobaFatt
    Free Member

What idiot signs up to Amazon prime by accident……

My parents, of course i go tthe blame. They can’t use their own imagination to buy xmas presents, so they ask for direct links, I send them one, they order then somehow sign themselves up to Prime

I get the blame, and so does Amazon 6 weeks later because they can’t use the site

takisawa2

They are quite good at extending the “free trial” if your still unsure if you want it or not… 😉

footflaps

so they ask for direct links, I send them one, they order then somehow sign themselves up to Prime

Amazon are making it harder and harder to buy something without signing up………

midlifecrashes

mrsmidlife managed to sign up to Prime while shopping for pressies for the American rellies on Amazon.com rather than .co.uk, so it wouldn’t even let us use it to when we tried to watch some TV. Got onto Amazon on the phone and they were fine about it and refunded straight away. We have a uni student in the house now, so free Prime at the moment so long as we remember to use her account.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Well I had “signed up for free trial” and been then been charged when I read a thread here and checked, it had been 9 months 😳

Got a refund 🙂

Gunz
    Free Member

Or you could keep it and watch Preacher, the only series I’ve stuck with, it’s great.

cinnamon_girl

There’s an expose of their working practices in yesterday’s Sunday Times. Employees living in tents beside the Dunfermline warehouse (biggest UK distribution centre) otherwise they’d have to pay £10 daily for the 75 minute journey by organised coach.

Welcome to the 21st century consumerist society. 😐

dai21t
    Free Member

The working practices are not as bad as the daily mail would like you to believe.

twistedpencil

I did this last Christmas, complete missclick, which is a bit crap on amazons behalf. However after cancelling it within a hour took full advantage for Christmas deliveries.

The missus has ‘accidently’ done this this year. Will have to set up pet an account up for next year…

CountZero

Done it a couple of times, cancelled soon after with no issues, most recently about three weeks ago. Had a mailing from Amazon last week offering me free 30-day trial with a plastic card attached.
    Might give it another go just to download Grand Tour.
    Although that appears to be the most pirated programme of all time…

cyclingmev
    Free Member

Errr….. 😳

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

people still use tax-avoiders like Amazon??

crazy-legs

Signed up, cancelled after 3 weeks.
    Signed up, forgot to cancel, they refunded in full.

Currently signed up and paid for but been watching Grand Tour and a couple of films, the next day delivery and special offers are useful at this time of year. Won’t be renewing though.

williamnot
    Free Member

cinnamon_girl – Member

There’s an expose of their working practices in yesterday’s Sunday Times. Employees living in tents beside the Dunfermline warehouse (biggest UK distribution centre) otherwise they’d have to pay £10 daily for the 75 minute journey by organised coach.

Welcome to the 21st century consumerist society.

I ride past the warehouse frequently, those tents have been there for weeks, empty and surrounded by beer cans. A similar thing happened in other woods close by a couple of months before. turned out to be kids buying cheap tents and having a party. i suspect this was the same

nickdavies

I paid £59 for the year, can’t really grumble at that just for the tv and then you get free delivery as a bonus. I’ve signed up and cancelled for a couple of christmases though!

That’s a fiver a month, even with Netflix at £6.99 it’s £12 a month for all that tv to watch… bargain. I still can’t believe people pay sky so much money to watch tv with adverts in..

ste_t
    Free Member

I can order things whilst sat in my pants and get it delivered next day for cheaper than the real shops for which I would have to dress first before driving to.

Fully worth the £80 a year

edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

Wow..I didn’t realise people still used Amazon these days. Talk about ancient shopping…

piemonster

£10 return for a 75 minute journey.

If only I could get that value out of Scotrail!

Free Member

I use Amazon Prime. Their ‘subscribe and save’ service is ace and quite a bit cheaper than other outlets + the huge bonus is I don’t have to deal with ‘shoppers’ or deal with people in general, which is great!

technicallyinept
    Free Member

I suspect they’re planning a price rise at some point. I’ve just completed a questionnaire where every question was a variation on ‘how much would you pay for this combination of benefits’

BFITH
    Free Member

I can order things whilst sat in my pants and get it delivered next day for cheaper than the real shops for which I would have to dress first before driving to.

Fully worth the £80 a year

This^ and the music and the films etc…. money well spent

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘What idiot signs up to Amazon prime by accident……’ is closed to new replies.