Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • What hydration pack?
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

Got a bladder so thats not really an issue. Need to carry:

Phone
    CO2 pump
    Multi tool
    Few spares and Puncture kit
    Spare tube
    Car keys
    Coat (and spare gloves in winter if its dead wet)
    Couple or three cereal bars

space for a 2l bladder
    15L capacity

andyl
    Free Member

Camelbak mule will easily get all that in and then some and has a 3L bladder (you could sell that unused to someone).

so you could even go with a slightly smaller one.

Just looked and mule is 11l + 3l bladder

Mackem

I’ve recently got an Osprey Viper. I’m very very happy with it. I carry similar kit to you BTW. 3l bladder too.

tinman66
    Free Member

I got a Camelbak Charge LR a few months back, love it and haven’t used my Mule since.

On my average rides with the Mule I just ended up carrying loads of stuff I didn’t need. The Charge carries everything I need but is lighter, easier to use and less noticeable when I’m riding. has a 2L bladder that runs horizontally across the lumbar.

Kept the Mule for longer all day trips though.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Your list of stuff looks like 5L Rob?

15L is pretty big.

Bregante

After using a Dakine (nomad) and camelbak (mule) recently I’ve bought the osprey Raptor 10 and am well pleased with it. Well made, light and far comfier than I’m used to.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Osprey Zealot all the way.

anthonyb
    Free Member

+1 Osprey Zealot. bought one recently and its excellent

Had a viper before that, and it was also a great pack

ratadog

Tried the Ospreys and found them uncomfortable. Went EVOC 16L and have not regretted it.

JoeG
    Free Member

I have used Camelbaks for years, most recently a MULE then the original MULE NV. NV is starting to wear a bit after 4 years of use. I’ll probably replace it within the next year, and want to see an Osprey Zealot 10 and Dakine Amp and Drafter. No local retailers carry Dakine bike packs though, and no one has a Zealot 10 either.

The new Camelbak Antidote bladder is a huge improvement, the 1/4 turn lid fixes the biggest problem with the old bladders.

sambob
    Free Member

Evoc cc16 is brilliant, very comfy even when full and the organised front pocket is really useful. You’d probably be alright with their 10L pack though.

bigbloke
    Free Member

Osprey Viper user here too, superbly designed pack with well thought out features , feels very comfortable with the ergonomics of its fit. The bladder is very good also, maybe a bit over designed but good. I do still use Camelbaks also (blowfish for big loads and a classic for fluids only) but the Osprey is my most used.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘What hydration pack?’ is closed to new replies.