Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • What Hudl-like tablet
  • Gunz
    Free Member

My boy’s 8th birthday is coming up and we were going to double up the Clubcard points and get him a Hudl but they’ve stoppped making them. What can we get him that is similar and will be used for Clash of Clans and similar? Many thanks.

(To forestall the child and tablet hand wringing he does cross country on Tuesday, Football Thursday, swimming Saturday and crashed his brains out on his bike last Sunday so a little chill out time playing games seems alright).

iainc

we have a Lenovo Yoga one, was about £120 I think from John Lewis. Also an ipad mini (a few yrs old now), which is better in every way ! I use the Lenovo, the 9 yr old uses the mini…..

Bimbler
    Free Member

Nvidia Shield. Great tablet for the money.

Edit: I wouldn’t hand around though I think they’re running stocks down in preparation for new model, which will in all likelihood be well north of £200

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

more than the huddle but the new nvidia shield tablets looks a pretty awesome spec for the money :

https://shield.nvidia.co.uk/store/tablet/k1

Gunz
    Free Member

Cheers all, I’ll have a look at that Nvidia.

verses

If you’re still looking, and want to make the most of Clubcard points, I bought a ”Lenovo Tablet 2 A10-70″ from Tesco last week and am pretty pleased with it.

There’s a decent review of it here.

There’s even a £10 off £100 spend code too: TDX-PF4N

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I’ve got a boxed Hudl2 in immaculate condition that you can have for £65?

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Loving my Nexus7 since receiving it at Xmas, perfect for interweb access out and about, including the roaming feature of BT Affinity we have at home.

Gunz
    Free Member

Many thanks, I’ll check out the Lenovo first.
    Ivan, how long have you had it? I may be interested but wary of older Hudls as they do have a habit of failing at the charging connection.

Gunz
    Free Member

One further question if I may. The Lenovo has 2GB RAM and a Windows tablet that Tesco are also doing has 1GB. Will this make much difference for a kid playing Clash of Clans?

verses

It’s prob worth mentioning that there are 2 Lenovos with very similar names (Lenovo Tablet 2 A10-30 and Lenovo Tablet 2 A10-70) so if you see it cheaper elsewhere, make sure it’s def the same one 🙂

The A10-30 has a lower res screen, slower CPU and less RAM.

verses

Just spotted your question about RAM.

With Android, 2GB is definitely a noticeable improvement over 1GB. I’ve not used a Windows tablet but I’d assume the same is true.

Gunz
    Free Member

Many thanks Verses, really useful.

singlespeedstu

Just bookmarking this.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Gunz, turns out I can’t find the box so ignore me.

verses

Just realised that the A10-70 doesn’t support multiple user accounts, which is a showstopper for me, so I’m going to try and return it.

Can any of you nvidia Shield users confirm whether you can set up multiple users on there or not?

johnnystorm

Amazon Fire and a prime subscription for just over 100 quid all in. Gets the device and a load of content that can be streamed for you as well (and parental control over what he watches).

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘What Hudl-like tablet’ is closed to new replies.