Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • What hub for…
  • bspoked
    Free Member

– 135mm
    – disc
    – 32h
    – 11 speed road

Like the Shimano CX75, but 32h not 28h.

I think that there is a DT Swiss 350 in this config.

To fit SRAM PG1170 – 11 speed

What else is out there? Cheers.

Leon
    Free Member

Hope Pro2 evo, with 11spd cassette body

bspoked
    Free Member

Would that be better than a Hope Mono RS 32h 135mm Shimano 11sp?

EDIT: Which of course isn’t a disc hub…

stoffel
    Free Member

Tune? They make some very nie (yet very epensive) hubs. I’d go for he Hope Monos thoug.

njee20
    Free Member

DT 350 or 240.

jimc101
    Free Member

Not a lot more yet, White Industries CX11 (if you have loads of money)
    Novatec D712SB-11 for a bit less.

Still waiting for Shimano to bring some out with 32 hole drilling.

Leon
    Free Member

for what it’s worth, Ive been really happy with the novatech hub on the back of my road bike. I’ll definitely consider Novatech next time I build up some wheels

bspoked
    Free Member

Thanks guys. I’ve also posted in the wanted section on the off chance someone has something.

Probably a chat with my lbs who stock hope or a dtswiss from Germany then.

stoffel
    Free Member

DT are good, but I think you need special tools to change the bearings, or have then serviced at a DT approved bike shop.

bspoked
    Free Member

Got the LBS to order a pro 2 evo direct from hope with the road cassette included. Being built up now.

bspoked
    Free Member

I’ve been riding a DT Swiss 350 all week on a hired Van Nicholas Chinook. My God that freewheeling is loud.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Do you care about noise? Like it loud – Hope. Quieter – anything else 😀

bspoked – Member
    I’ve been riding a DT Swiss 350 all week on a hired Van Nicholas Chinook. My God that freewheeling is loud.

Hmm, got a DT 350 on order and one of the reasons I went for it over the abundance of Hope based wheels out there is reportedly it’s a lot quieter. Hope is top of the scale generally for noise.

Suppose it’s all relative though. Depends what you’re used to.

bspoked
    Free Member

Mainly Shimano SLX, XT and an Alfine. I knew hope were loud, having ridden with others using them. The DTs just surprised me. I was scaring the wildlife with them.

njee20
    Free Member

Hmm, got a DT 350 on order and one of the reasons I went for it over the abundance of Hope based wheels out there is reportedly it’s a lot quieter. Hope is top of the scale generally for noise.
    Suppose it’s all relative though. Depends what you’re used to.

The noise on a star ratchet freehub is inversely proportional to the quantity of grease. When greased they’re near silent, they then get progressively louder until you add more grease.

Should be pretty quiet out of the box.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘What hub for…’ is closed to new replies.