• This topic has 16 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by diz.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • What HT for the girlfriend around £500
  • Chipbutty
    Free Member

Im looking for a Hardtail fully built bike for my girlfriend. The budget is £500 give or take a few quid. Looking for something that will happily do most trails and trail centres. Willing to do some possible upgrades in the future too, if she enjoys it.

Cheers

cinnamon_girl

I would look in the Classifieds on here.

cinnamon_girl

Just remembered, soma_rich was selling a Merlin Malt recently. Try doing a search.

ivnickkate
    Free Member

Evans have 2008 spesh myka experts for £450. Avid bb-5 mechanical disc brakes, and women’s tora fork on an M4 frame.

diz

I was about to list my wifes ladies specific 17″ Specialized rockhopper on here and or E-bay. It has done less than a hundred miles even though it is 3 years old. Bought new from Biketrex in Ambleside. Upgraded to LX Discs, XT Hollowtech 2 Chainset and XT Rear Mech and Shifters. Also has a Selle Italia saddle think its a C2.
    The bike is in very good condition as you would expect with so little mileage.

Was looking for £400 but open to Offers.

coatesy
    Free Member

For new bikes, you could try a 2008 GTw avalanche 1.0.

cinnamon_girl

Sorry to be difficult but you may well get a lighter bike second-hand. Weight is important when you’re a girlie, as are forks and wheelset. I would say that at £500, due to huge price increases, you will be better off second-hand.

zaskar
    Free Member

Chipbutty – Member
    Im looking for a Hardtail fully built bike for my girlfriend.

I will give you my cheap hardtail-bike in exchange for your Girlfriend
    -if she can cook and play chess-if she is fit that helps too and I can throw in a spare seatpost. 😈

My other hardtail is probably £1800 so that requires 50 camels and 20 elephants plus your Girlfriend. :mrgreen:

Seriously though-I think what mtb was testing £500 hardtails-see front cover Tesco/WH-Smiths for a guide. 8)

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Summer bikes look good. Spec seems good for the money.

A little over £500 (retail), but the Fever is worth a look.

bigeyedbeans
    Free Member

maybe a little over budget but my missus loves her on-one inbred and def upgradeable

nickb

Diz – if chipbutty isn’t interested I might be.
    Where are you based? Could you send through some pics?

Cheers,
    Nick

nick[at]nickbarnett[dot]com

diz

Nick i will take some pictures tomorrow mate.

Diz

jamie@balfa
    Free Member

Gary Fisher Marlin GS – £499.

Rockshox Dart fork, 27 speed Deore.
    Also has disc ready hubs for future upgrading.

J

philly5
    Free Member

NOt sure on the ht but i have a brand new spesh helmet i bought for my gf, can do pics if interested?

devs
    Free Member

My wife got one of the Spesh Mykas. She loves it. You don’t hang around Chipbutty; new girfriend? The bed must still be warm from Mrs CB getting out! 🙂

Chipbutty
    Free Member

Devs, you cannot let the grass grow under your feet!!

diz

Sorry Nick based in Lancashire area.
    Diz

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘What HT for the girlfriend around £500’ is closed to new replies.