Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • What horizontal dropout frame?
  • hooja
    Free Member

Evening,
    I’m a bit out of the loop as haven’t been paying much attention to what’s going on in the world of mtb, however, I have had a couple of great rides lately and as winters round the corner, I may be tempted back in.
    Down to one mtb now, a genesis ioid and whilst it’s a great bike I want something with a bit more travel up front.
    Other than a Cotic simple, which seem like hens teeth, what else is around these days similar?
    (Not an inbred though, had plenty in the past) something steel, quality, lighting, 130ish travel, capable of racking up the miles but also riding aggressively.
    cheers

andyl
    Free Member

29er I am guessing?

Niner ROS 9? (eccentric bb)

bikeneil
    Free Member

Kona Honzo/Explosif?

hooja
    Free Member

No no no, none of this 29er malarkey, I keep my big wheels for the roadie. I’m after a 26″
    After horizontal dropouts so I can fit the Alfine from the genesis too

singlesteed
    Free Member

Curtis

hooja
    Free Member

Curtis what? Last Curtis I had was a jump bike!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Worth keeping your eyes out for a Cotic. I’d have thought a spritely steel hardtail would be spoilt by fitting an alfine though.

andyl
    Free Member

ahh sorry, was going on this hit from the Cotic website on google: “Most recent Simple stock information: In stock in XL only, in two colour options.. Use the form below to specify your Simple 29er frameset package.”

One one carbon 456 with horizontal drop outs?

mintimperial

Kinesis Decade Virsa? Comes with swapouts so you can run horizontal or vertical. Nice frame, running mine singlespeed at the moment, it’s fun.

hooja
    Free Member

Been looking a while and not seen any for sale.
    The Alfine doesn’t have that much of an impact on the genesis, still feels sprightly itself. Too bloody steep round here for one gear, so it’s a sacrifice I have to make

hooja
    Free Member

Oo yeah forgot about the decade, I’ll see if there’s any about!

andyl
    Free Member

I was thinking the Kinesis originally before I went off on a 29er tangent. There was a few reported to be breaking, might have been early ones or something. Worth checking if you are not buying new.

hooja
    Free Member

Cheers andyl, will do.
    Will be buying 2nd hand but none on ebay so could be looking a while!
    Who’d have thought it would be so difficult to find an ss steel frame for 26″ wheels that isn’t a bloody inbred?

bubs

Wait for a Simple…..simple.

johnnywhitesox
    Free Member

Pipedream Sirius has sliding dropouts.

amedias
    Free Member

Recommend the Simple, I have one and you’d have to prise it from my cold dead fingers to get your hands on it.

Diverging off the horizontal dropouts….I can also recommend a Charge Duster Skinny in EBB version (I also own one of these), will run SS but also has cable routing for hub gear so lends itself to both options.

It’s a lot twangier than the Simple, and would probably only work well with 100 – 120mm travel tops, os might not be much different to you IO, but they are actually very good and very nippy little bikes.

Stevet1
    Free Member

Evil sovereign may fit the bill – adjustable dropouts etc.

adsh
    Free Member

What size Simple do you want?

andyv
    Free Member

A few Voodoo Bokors on ebay with sliding dropouts. A mate got one a couple of weeks ago. Looked very nice and felt very light. Unfortunatly he wanted a 29er and it was 26 (though not stated in the advert) He sold it on, but there are a few old stock out there for buttons.

Shame as it looked good.

Andy

himupstairs

i got a very clean used kinesis decade virsa on a popular auction website.
    cost about £60 delivered.
    haven’t built it up or indeed ridden it yet, but it’s a nice looking frame!

hooja
    Free Member

Adsh, I’m after a medium
    Himupstairs, if you decide not to build it, give me a shout
    Stevet1, love the evil sovs but too heavy for the kind of bike I’m looking to build this time round

singlesteed
    Free Member

Its not my job to do your research!

Curtis custom rings the bell!

hooja
    Free Member

easy there singlesteed, i wasn’t asking you to do my research, i thought you were suggesting something in particular! but thanks, ill have a look

xiphon
    Free Member

Orange P7!

I even for the ss-specific dropouts from Orange….. no mech hanger

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘What horizontal dropout frame?’ is closed to new replies.