Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • what hope headset pick and mix combo do i need? help needed please.
  • haggis1978

Just bought a new frame and I’m looking for some info on the hope headset I need. It has one of these new fangled 1.5″ tapered head tubes and I want to run a regular 1 1/8th fork in it. Pretty sure I need top cup number 4 and bottom cup D. Does that sound about right to you guys?

Also when you buy these from CRC does the top cup come with head doctor and top cap and screw?

Cheers

Rorschach
    Free Member

Depends….Look here hope You’ll be wanting the lower steerer crown converter regardless.And no you don’t get a head doctor with mix and match.

fisgard
    Free Member

tapered head tube or 1 1/2″ parallel

at the upper end, its 2 for a taper head tube (1 1/8″) and 4 for a 1 1/2″ parallel

best to always measure the upper and lower headset cup, before ordering, if you have the opportunity

davewalsh
    Free Member

Need more info in the frame as “new fangled 1.5″ tapered head tube” doesn’t really mean anything. Do you know the diameters of the top and bottom of the headtube? Failing that post a link to the frame so we can look it up.

haggis1978

Its a 2011 Blur LT Carbon. Seller said its 1.5 tapered head tube. Website doesn’t tell me very much as I’m also trying to find out what rear axle it has. Trying to get all the parts sorted before it arrives so I can build it asap 😀

tony_m
    Free Member

You could always run it through the Cane Creek Headset-fit Finder – while you don’t actually want a CC, this should at least give you the magic numbers to identify what components you do need.

davewalsh
    Free Member

That’s better, you need a 2 upper and either an F lower with a HS136 crown race adaptor if you want the option to run taper forks in future, otherwise you can fit a D lower but that will lower the front about 10mm, restrict you to 1 1/8th forks and you may have clearance issues between the crown and downtube.

The top cups do NOT come with top cap, bolt or head doctor.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘what hope headset pick and mix combo do i need? help needed please.’ is closed to new replies.