Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What holiday/biking insurance for French Alps?
  • Trekster

Taking the plunge in 2012 and having a French Alps biking holiday and looking for holiday/biking accident/med insurance recommendations.

Cheers

bruneep

Snowcard

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I bought a year round cover from Insure and Go. Well worth looking at if you do multiple holidays with different sports ( For me, bike, ski, wakeboard, sail etc…)

Cover looked excellent. No need to use it yet. *Touches wood*

No, not THAT sort of wood.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

I used the BMC insurance- seemed ideal for what I was after.

Konastoner
    Free Member

Dogtag…….. and yes you receive a set of dogtags, cool or what!

Northwind

I went with Snowcard… This might not be relevant, but I’m basically a stack of pre-existing medical issues poorly held together with baling wire, and Dogtag were making a right meal of it- unable to confirm how their cover would be affected.

. Snowcard just got right into it, no messing about, and didn’t even work out expensive.

Worth checking the cover levels btw- it cost hardly anything to raise from the standard “Dicking about on mountain bikes” to “Full on stupidity on mountain bikes”.

Trekster

Cheers
    just had a thought, must check my BC licence/membership 💡

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Same as above, BMC or Snowcard, depending on whether I’ve been in the BMC that year or not. BMC is best IMO, but only because I’ve had reason to claim and it was super quick and efficient. I can’t recall how they compared (last occasion was 2005), but I was usually doing multisport in the same holiday ie Alpine mountaineering and MTB.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What holiday/biking insurance for French Alps?’ is closed to new replies.