Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • What hobbies/sports do you enjoy when not cycling?
  • _tom_
    Free Member

I've been playing guitar for around 10 years and it's definitely my main hobby. Linked with that are writing and recording my music. Just typical rock riffs really, have it all up here if anyone's interested – http://www.soundclick.com/deepwaterblackout

I'm also heavily into photography, video production and 3D modelling/animation.

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

Music (listening to other peoples, I have no talent myself)
    Walking the poochie
    Taking piccies
    Lifting weights n a wee bit of running

If I had more time I'd take up Muay Thai again, but can't commit enough to the training

GSuperstar
    Free Member

Paintball 🙂

derek_starship
    Free Member

Shooting.

Hunter field target with air rifle and hunting with FAC air rifle. Mainly magpies, grey squirrels and woodpigeon.

Surfr
    Free Member

Photography – everybody's a photographer since the sawn of DSLRs aren't they?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/surfr/

Watching Rugby – never was any good at playing but I do enjoy watching the welsh regions and Welsh team even when they're bad.

Geeking – either software projects or building pet projects usually involves researching and maybe buying parts for little projects then moving onto another project before finishing the first. Currently thinking about sending up a weather balloon into near space with a digital camera on board (like many others have done before), previously DIY LED lights etc.

Cooking – seems to have grown on me in recent years. Enjoy cookery TV programs too.

Veg growing – bit late getting anything in the ground this year though

Sitting in the hills waiting to get buzzed – not been in a couple of years now but will probably go again soon

Golf – pretty much given up now due to being uttlerly shite and needing to play every day to improve even slightly.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Snowboarding
    used to do loads of hiking done half the munros mostly in winter months not bad for a Somerset bloke miss it.
    Waste too much time on this forum for sure

AJ
    Free Member

cycling

amodicumofgnar

Skiing / help maintain ski club site, photography, running, walking/(climbing)

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Snowboarding
    Fettling
    Considering getting a retro pickup for bike duties and giving it some sensitive styling.
    This year's ultimate geek project is ghetto 3D Helmetcam

glenncampbell

Scuba Diving – just awesome
    Yoga – very relaxing
    Hill Walking – nice to get out and have a walk somewhere really inspiring.
    Reading – always a good book on the boil.
    Cooking – massive fan of Escoffier so getting fatter . . . .
    Wine – a real world of pleasure in a bottle. Which is worrying . . . . .
    And on the adverse side of things – lots of time on this forum 😉

Enjoy!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I more or less live and breath biking. I also sleep and work.

khani
    Free Member

great fun 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

Played floorball in Finland

Me too, at a leisure centre in Espoo.

edd

The sport formerly known as Fox Hunting

Waderider
    Free Member

I just love being outdoors; the only outdoor pursuit I haven't tried is dogging!

Scottish hillwalking and mountaineering (retired from climbing as yet another inept wannabee), bothies including being MO for a nice one, wildlife watching, cycle touring, glen tramping; generally avoiding crowds is my thing. That last thing is just one of the reasons why I dislike trail centres……..

Hadge
    Free Member

Using this

Listening with this

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

I surf a lot more than MTBing. Road riding too.

Other stuff includes snorkelling, yoga, walking the dog and bodyboarding (very rarely nowadays). I'd really like to get into windsurfing but it's just far too expensive

handyman
    Free Member

fishing, just caught some nice trout and so did my 10 year old son, tomorrows tea they will be, model railways, building and flying rubber powered planes, road biking and getting lost in heavily wooded trails as happened yesterday, my 8 mile route became 18 and i ran out of water in 85f,

Burts
    Free Member

Over the last (20, eek!) years, kayaking filled most of my spare time. Both white-water:

and sea-kayaking:

More recently, moving to a new part of the world has meant I'm now doing more biking than boating, but it also allows for some new winter hobbies. Still learning to snowboard though:

Philby

Road biking
    Gym and swimming
    Volunteering – am a trustee of a charity and also do some voluntary training for the Princes Trust
    Walking when I have time

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘What hobbies/sports do you enjoy when not cycling?’ is closed to new replies.