Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What hi-fi/speaker for sub £500
  • King-ocelot
    Free Member

Hello I’m going to be selling my ‘huge’ seperates and I’m looking at a smaller system for £500 max. Sadly I hardly listen to CD/vinyl these days. I would like to if possible at the price point be able to link my mac book wirelessly, if this is even possible (I’m very behind on hifi) I had a demo of a Sonos box In john Lewis and liked that. I don’t need a cd deck just speakers (mine are too big) and an amp or similar. Thanks

georgecats_0
    Free Member

Get a pair of sonos ones or threes, iv got a pair of ones in a room 18×12 , and think they sound pretty good, threes are even better……

somafunk

What about active monitors?,

I have the krk rp5 and krk10sub but connected to a native instruments audio kontrol external sound card out of the usb on my Mac but they would work equally well with the apple airport express set up, I also have the Audioengine a2 in bedroom/ bathroom connected to airport and they work equally as well, I can control everything from my phone, iPad or sitting at the Mac

jam-bo

Denon ceol series.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Thanks 🙂

I’m liking the air play thing, seems a good solution. My loft conversion will be my new office and I don’t have room for seperates nor do I fancy all the wires.

TheDTs
    Free Member

I have a pair of AirPort/play if you are interested email in profile.
    They are a few years olld. We don’t use them any more.

ptrockymountain
    Free Member

I have a B & W Zeppelin air which is a serious bit of kit, when i was looking I narrowed it to sonos or B&W but the latter won hands down.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What hi-fi/speaker for sub £500’ is closed to new replies.