Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • What helmet mounts do you use for torches?
  • Dimmadan
    Free Member

Just had a DX P7 torch delivered and want to source a a helmet mount.

What are you using?

Cheers

Elmo
    Free Member

Cable ties through the vents………….shimples 😉

stumpyjon
    theboatman
    Free Member

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12000

For helmet use only, it won't let you mount on the bars.

Dimmadan
    Free Member

theboatman, how secure is it?

I remember a post from someone who got one for £3 in the UK delivered that looked good but cant find the thread.

Kahurangi

I have some lockblocks and when used on my handlebars they were wobbly as anything. The DX MTB mounts were much better. I figure it's just the same on a helmet unless I use zipties to semi-permanently tie it down.

Is there anything much better than a lockblock + zipties for a helmet?

/edit – seen the link from boatman – looks like it's wobble just as much unless it's much stiffer plastic than a lockblock

theboatman
    Free Member

Seems very secure to me, never had any concerns. It is identical to the fenix clamp, apart from the the fenix one can be used on the bars as well as your lid due to orientation of the bottom bit. You can get the velcro nice and tight, and the rubber doesn't slip around even if the wet.

HTTP404
    Free Member

I fabricated my own from a bit of spare strapping, velcro, wide elastic and getting busy with a needle and thread.

abductee
    Free Member
    Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

I've bodged one of the things that holds a pump on your frame. Works really well and doesn't damage my helmet.

takisawa2

I use a TwoFish on the bars & the DX SKU12000 on my helmet. They do move a bit so I sourced half a dozen large 'O' rings in a couple of different Shore hardnesses to find the right fit. Half a dozen large rubber bands would probably have the same effect.

epicsteve
    Free Member

Cable ties through the vents

Same here.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘What helmet mounts do you use for torches?’ is closed to new replies.