Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • What helmet mounted lights are we buying…
  • nickc

This year?

some cheap as chips Weng-Du manufactured slave laboured landfill, or Artisan crafted UK made units at 4 times the price?

wwaswas

I’m sticking with my Lupine one.

tiny light unit at the front of the helmet and small battery mounted at the back, light, balanced and doesn’t stick up too far in the woods.

ransos
    Free Member

Still using my Smudge light.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mjsmke

Solarstorm light off ebay for 17.99 works well for me.

scaled
    Free Member

Joystick here, cheap Chinese thing on the bars

dannyh
    Free Member

Smudge Lumenator on the bars, solarstorm X2 on the lid.

No complaints here.

pebblebeach
    Free Member

Trout liberator on the bars, solarstorm with smudge battery on the helmet. Which reminds me I need to order a new battery for my trout light.

nickjb
    Free Member

Solarstorm x2 here. Still using mine from 18 months ago and a UK artisan one would be nearer 8x the price, not 4. I will be replacing the battery this year after it died doing some exploring over the summer.

zippykona

With this no helmet light has made much difference except looking for things in my bag.

colly74
    Free Member

Nitefighter BT21 on my helmet, Nitefighter BT70 on the bars.

rocketman
    Free Member

cheap as chips Weng-Du manufactured slave laboured landfill

Yup that’s it

Magicshine somethingorother the one that’s like a thermonuclear explosion in an egg cup

VanHalen

how can you ride with a bar light? doesnt it point the wrong way alot of the time?

those solarstorm jobbies – can you unplug teh lead from teh back or is it hard wired? i nightride randomly so i like to have a light fitted to the commute lid permanently but hate cables when i dont need them.

BillOddie

If I was to buy lights this year I’d probably end up with something from CandBseen as for the sake of a tenner I’d rather avoid the ebay lottery.

DaveRambo

I like light, small and bright. Gloworm X1 for me with an X2 on the bars

pebblebeach
    Free Member

can you unplug teh lead from teh back or is it hard wired

No, cable is hard wired.

nickc

how can you ride with a bar light? doesnt it point the wrong way alot of the time?

It sort of does, but it mostly doesn’t matter, it’s hard to describe really, but it’s a lot easier than you expect. The only reason I can’t is that there’s no where to mount my battery on my ohh-so-swoopy carbon fantasabike!! (ooh get me 😆 )

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Lupine Piko last year, but I’ve got a Joystick now as well, so might bar mount the Piko

VanHalen

can you unplug teh lead from teh back or is it hard wired

No, cable is hard wired.

cheers, will stick with my homebrew trout/teapot special headlamp then! might get an upgraded battery though for this year. 5yrs old and still working.

cant do bar lights – waaay to strobe like

jam-bo

gloworm X1 & 2-cell battery mounted on the back of the helmet.

lasts about 2 hours which is more than enough for evening blasts.

daniel_owen_uk
    Free Member

I have one of those el cheapo chinese things, got it when they first came out on the slow boat from china, cost about £50

Just had a quick look on eBay and they are insanely priced now, £23 gets you a pair with batteries and mounts!

Might have to pick up an extra for helmet, my dad is after one too so a twin pack is a winner.

vincienup
    Free Member

Last years’ mk8 joystick really does not need replacement as it is superb.

Big light on the bar for me (thats a Solarstorm with improved battery)

Del

exposure 6 pack on the bar and toro on the lid. my night rides work out at 4 hours or so, and i don’t like leads. last big light expenses before these were ~ 7 years ago, so if these last that long i’m happy.

trademark
    Free Member

£120 Magicshine on one side of the bars, £15 Chinese copy on other side.
    As bright as each other and after 3 years the Shinymajic copy has yet to burn down my house whilst charging.

£8 Tesco (2 x AA, 3W) Maglite copy cable-tied into a vent on a helmet for ‘looking away from the trail’ duties.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘What helmet mounted lights are we buying…’ is closed to new replies.