Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • what helmet light
  • milkyman
    Free Member

I am thinking of getting a helmet light and not sure which one, I don’t want one with a separate battery that you have to carry in your back pack although the trade of is I guess the lights with the battery in them are quite heavy, any advice please

would like as bright as poss. as light as poss. and with a burn time of about 2 hrs
    cheers
    craig

z1ppy

What price range?
    Preferences as to a ‘proper’ manufacturer, or chinese sourced but UK supported or cheap as chip chinese?

woody2000

Exposure Joystick or Diablo would be my suggestion. Or the new Equinox or Axis if you’ve got deep pockets 🙂

Weight’s not really noticable on your head – joystick + mount is about 100g, Diablo not a lot more.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    rondo101
    Free Member

Bumping a slightly related thread; I’m after a helmet mounted light for commuting & winter training road rides, so it needs to be bright enough to see with in country lanes, without blinding other car drivers in the city.

Joystick & Axis (400 and 550 lumens respectively) look about right, but not sure if the top-end of the Joystick is bright enough to see by on unlit roads? And reviews or the Axis seem a little thin on the ground, so has anyone got or used one?
    Beam shot comparison on the USE website imply the Axis might have quite a lot of spread & therefore likely to blind oncoming drivers?

ahwiles
    Free Member

i’ve got a fenix E25.

180 lumens, for a couple of hours, from 2 AA batteries, for about £30.

bloody great – as a helmet light to compliment a bar-light.

on it’s own it’s even ok for gently mincing along.

repoman
    Free Member

Picked up an Ultrafire 502b torch off eBay for about a tenner, can get them cheaper. Picked up a mount for a couple of quid, designed to mount a torch on a rifle, works perfectly on a bike lid. Threw away the supplied battery and charger as I had my own UK sourced ones. Running on full power, which I’d guess is about 600 lumens by comparison to my “proper” (i.e. not Chinese) bar light, I typically replace the battery after 90mins as it has noticeably dimmed. So with three spares in my pocket, enough for over 6hrs. Not as light as a Joystick, about 180g in total, but a fraction of the price for a much better burn time.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘what helmet light’ is closed to new replies.