Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What helmet for using with a joystick?
  • mickasaki
    Free Member

Hi, finally got round to using my joystick light on thursday night, but when using it fitted on my specialized helmet, you cant get it angled right due to the positioning of the vents. You either have to have it pointing way to high or low, which sort of defeats the point of the helmet light if it dosent point where your looking! What helmet do you use with one?

JoB
    Free Member

i've used a Joystick in a Spec. helmet, i simply rotate the adjustable bracket so it's pointing in the right direction

you are using the bracket, you do know that the ball-and-socket bracket is rotatable?

TooTall
    Free Member

Have you tried a vent off the centre line? The Joystick isn't heavy enough to pull your head over!

oldgit
    Free Member

On my winter lid I have it side mounted.

Lummox

fits my 661 bravo xc and fox flux fine, the joystick mount is one of the easiest to rotate, i'm surprised you can't get the appropriate angle.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

use joystick on my Giro Xen withno problems, as others say rotate the ball and socket part to get it to angle where you want – simples.

trout
    Free Member

anyone got a dead joystick I am wanting to have a play with one
    to see if an upgrade is on the cards

Northwind

This is probably a bit of a predictable response, but personally I'd say don't replace your helmet to work with a joystick- spend the money on a torch, fit that, sell the joystick, and have more money and IMO a better light.

Otherwise, it does fit perfectly on a Hex but I'm with the others, really surprised you can't get it to work as it is.

singletrackhor
    Free Member

zip-tied onto/into a vent, decathlons standard helmet.

mickasaki
    Free Member

I'm a **** then! I didnt notice the ball'n'socket! as its very tight due to newness Doh!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What helmet for using with a joystick?’ is closed to new replies.