Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • What helmet?
  • scotabroad

My 6yr old Giro havoc is overdue for replacement and I fancy something with a bit more protection.

I dont fancy a p*sspot, is there an alternative, like a halfway house between this and an ordinary helmet.

Cheers

S

mattsccm
    Free Member

Search for Protec. I have one. There are of course the “all mountain” lids like the Hex/Zen which just cover a bit more. Protecs are closer to the piss pot idea. Suits me but I do have quite a light thing for poncing around when the roads are wet and dark.

Oxboy
    Free Member

Dont know if its what your looking for but I have a Met Parachute, its a great lid, it has a screw on/off chin/face guard, so good for the road and great for off road. It also comes with a 3 year crash warranty. You should be able to bag one for £75ish.
    Have a look at one, good ventilation and weight.

ton

zen, hex???
    both good.

Jimbo
    Free Member

Whichever fits the best for your budget 🙂

Haze

Speaking of which, do Giro still do the crash replacement thing? Split my Xen earlier 🙁

(sorry for the slight hi-jack)

Oxboy
    Free Member

Met do! 8)

AJ
    Free Member

giro do

stumpytrek
    Free Member

Another vote for the Met Parachute. You can take the chin guard off if you want to.

scotabroad

I’ll check them out, cheers

johni
    Free Member

Casco Viper if you want a removable chin guard. – Wife has one.

I have a Giro Hex which seems to offer more protection than previous helmets however I’m trying not to test that theory!

matthew_h
    Free Member

Other options are the Fox Flux and the THE F14. Both offer a cross between the pisspot and the normal cycle helmet. Worth trying to find some to try them on as that is the most important thing really.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘What helmet?’ is closed to new replies.