Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • what Heart rate monitor for….
  • vondally
    Free Member

going to the gym/spinning/running and then uploading to computer app. SO I have used my garmin edge for tracking runs and spinning for heart rate but it is a bit cumbersome as it stays in a pocket/not user friendly . Bought a lidl Bluetooth app and linked to phone strava app, useless bity of crap all over the place recording both the HR monitor and the app is as accurate as the garmin. Has a suunto hr with a pod, wrecked the watch in no time….face scratched to death/internals decided to collapse. Additionally recovering from a knee injury
    Ideally want to record
    HR
    distance…in the gym do a fair bit of HIT/crossfit type Amraps so again distance moved
    Timer
    Stopwatch
    Upload to computer app
    Ease of use/
    Tough like my G shock

Anything out there not £200 to £300, ideally lower prices better.
    Moon on a stick?

vondally
    Free Member

bounce evening crowd

mogrim

I use Endomondo in the gym, just have to remember to turn the GPS off before you start…

cookeaa

I found myself looking at the fitbit “surge” the other day, I had assumed fitbit’s were for yummy mummies prancing around parks parks, but it does actually look like a proper multi-sport watch with GPS and continuous wrist based HR monitoring, less bother that a chest strap…

CraigW
    Free Member

Garmin Forerunner 15 is cheap and simple, seems pretty tough. You can connect it to a footpod, which would give you distance for indoors.

vondally
    Free Member

Hi will garmin link to any footpod..like a suunto?

CraigW
    Free Member

The Garmin will connect to any ANT+ footpod. I think Suunto have made a few different versions of footpods, I’m not sure if any of them actually support ANT+, or if they use a slightly different, incompatible protocol.

vondally
    Free Member

thanks

mogrim

I think Suunto have made a few different versions of footpods, I’m not sure if any of them actually support ANT+, or if they use a slightly different, incompatible protocol.

Yeah, avoid Suunto for Ant+ stuff. It has a slight different but completely incompatible Ant+ protocol. But really, I’d go with a bluetooth hr strap and your phone for gym use.

vondally
    Free Member

Tried t hat with a lidl hr and strava…massive fail

Alex

I had a suuntu quest which had a comfier HR strap than my Garmin. Decent sized watch as well, bit irritating then when you start a workout, you lose the time. Worked with movescount app that linked to Strava sort of. Ended up exporting to FIT and importing. Worked great with spin bikes in the gym, but as above ^^ no protocol for phone based apps.

Decided I really hate HRM straps, so bought a fitbit surge HR. Yeah it’s not as accurate but I wasn’t using HR zones to train, I was just geekily interested. App is great as well. Can set up your own goals etc, log food if that’s your thing, more a lifestyle device than a training one.

Links well to strava and endo.

nickc

I’ve a Garmin 210 with a HR. does pretty much everything you want.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘what Heart rate monitor for….’ is closed to new replies.