Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • What Heart rate Monitor are you using??
  • dan98
    Free Member

Maybe looking at getting a HRM and was wondering what others are using on here?
    Mainly for MTB’ing and a bit of running, I hill walk too so have looked at the Suunto Vector HR.

Any suggestions or recommendations appreciated.

Thanks

schmiken

Sigma PC 9 – does all I ask of it.

LeeW

Polar FT60 does a great job and looks like a regular watch. It’s great when you wake up on a Monday morning and it gives you a trophy for acheiving you weeks targets!

I am looking for something which will allow me to analyse my workouts more accurately. Through firstbeat etc. There’s nothing that I fancy at the moment so I’m going to hang on until Suunto update the T6D.

hammerite
    Free Member

I use a Garmin Edge 500 on the bike, Forerunner 305 when running. Obviously a bit more than just a HRM.

Got one for Jnr for Christmas for about a tenner from Lidl, no idea how good it is as it’s not been opened or used yet.

rp16v
    Free Member

one from lloyds chemist for £15 on special at mo seems to do the job well.

jantje
    Free Member

cx 800 polar bit complicated but does the job very well

grahamh
    Free Member
    swiss01
    Free Member

index+middle finger. cheap too…

thomthumb
    Free Member

polar f3 (or something) absolutely cheapest polar and it’s perfect for what i need.

surfer
    Free Member

Buy the cheapest because IME the strap will fester in the drawer and you will have an expensive watch.

weeksy

Garmin Forerunner 110.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

polar cs300. I chose Polar because of the free on line training diary and automatic data upload. Makes recording training very easy. HRM by itself will tell you very little. Itd what you do with the data that will really improve your fitness. Check it out.

UncleFred
    Free Member

Polar 625/725 has a foot pod for running, speed and cadence sensors for the bike, however you may have difficulty finding a new one, but I got mine on eBay for £80 at the start of the year.

dan98
    Free Member

Cheers for recommendations i’ll check some of these out!! I’m hearing don’t spend toooooo much which is good news!!

jason221
    Free Member

It my be good news

PeterStarkiss
    Free Member

The comments above re: data analysis are very valid.

Yes you can get a heart rate monitor for £15, which will give you an instant readout, maximum and average but with no data storage / transfer unless you write it down. I started off with one like that

After a while I bought a Garmin Forerunner 305, the big advantages for me were data transfer to training centre software that comes in the box and that it has GPS so you can plot heart rate against elevation against speed against distance. Another important feature for me was you can set a maximum heart rate alarm, so if you are overdoing it you know before you collapse.

The software is so flexible you can overlay different colour graphs for all these factors and also compare a route from last month.
    It also links to Google Earth with your track highlighted.

The Forerunner has now been replaced by a newer model but they are still available at under £100 from Amazon.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘What Heart rate Monitor are you using??’ is closed to new replies.