Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What Heart Rate Monitor?
  • JEngledow
    Free Member

I want a heart rate monitor for use on the turbo-trainer. I’ve looked online, but there are loads to choose from ranging from about £10 to £silly! I don’t want anything too complicated, so what can you recommend that’s fairly cheap and simple, but effective? Thanks.

JEngledow
    Free Member

Anyone?

atlaz
    Free Member

You can either get a cheap Garmin Edge and use it on all your bikes or get a little USB ANT+ dongle and get either a Polaris or Garmin HR strap and use software like Trainerroad to record the HR.

mogrim

Are you ever likely to go to a gym with it? If so, get one with a coded signal, ideally Polar as that will be compatible with most of the treadmills / cross trainers.

If you want to use it with your phone (assuming you have a smartphone) get a bluetooth enabled model. (In this case you won’t need a watch, although obviously it has its disadvantages).

If you want to do intervals or something similar you’ll need to spend a bit more.

If you really just want something simple that tells you your HR and that’s it, Decathlon do some pretty good models.

dave3fc
    Free Member

Just bought a polar H7 Bluetooth strap that’s connects to iPhone.
    Really impressed with it and the polar beat app.
    No watch, but don’t need one, and you can track rides etc
    Order it online from Halfords £43 and pick up in store….otherwise they are £65.

mikertroid
    Free Member

What Dave said +1

jam-bo

topeak panobike Bluetooth 4 HR monitor.

£40 ish and uses a tiny amount of power.

Simon

Are there any blue tooth HRMs that work with Android phones, they all seem to be for iPhones?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What Heart Rate Monitor?’ is closed to new replies.