Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)
  • What (healthy) food should I eat? (diet content)
  • miketually
    Free Member

wouldn’t doing long endurance cardio at any time of day achieve this?

IANASS* but I think, once you stick sugar into your body you switch to burning that? Something about raising the threshold at which you need sugars too.

*I Am Not A Sports Scientist

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

^ granted, I guess you sort of force the issue by going first thing in the morning, when not much sugar is available

MikeWW
    Free Member

It takes a while to get your body to adapt to fat burning and personally I find the ketogenic approach a bit extreme but still experimenting with fasted exercise.
    I do think it makes sense to try and balance (within reason) your carb intake and sugar levels.
    For me breakfast would be bacon and eggs (or similar) or alternatively porridge/skimmed milk and berries.(better to vary things than just eat the same each day)
    TBH I have been amazed how easy it is to lose body fat and get into shape with a bit of nutritional understanding and discipline.

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

I appreciate a lot of people have weight / health problems due to overeating, or just want to lose weight to aid fitness (especially as cyclists), but it’s scary (to me) how many people on these threads obsess about everything they put in their mouths.

Maybe I’m just lucky with regards to my metabolism, but I’ve always eaten what I’ve liked, never deprived myself of anything. Since the age of 18 (now 48) my weight has stayed between 10.5 – 11.5 stone and I’ve always worn 32″ waist trousers. I’ve always been active – always walked to school and work, always take stairs rather then the lift etc, and though I eat a lot of crap ( curries and cake in particular, not together !) I have no problem with feeling hungry, I often do, and rarely snack at work.

As I say, maybe I’m lucky, but a bit of common sense with regard to not eating TOO much lard and being active every day seems a more sensible alternative to the food obsessions portrayed here, and a damn sight more enjoyable too! 🙂

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Maybe I’m just lucky with regards to my metabolism, but I’ve always eaten what I’ve liked, never deprived myself of anything.

Nail, head.

But guess what? Other folk aren’t so lucky.

Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘What (healthy) food should I eat? (diet content)’ is closed to new replies.