Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • What Headset for 456 Carbon Frame?
  • paulrockliffe
    Free Member

I'm after a 1.5" lower race that will let my forks (1.125" straight steerer) fit flush to the bottom of the lower headset race in a cool, "Can't see me!" kinda way, then something wide but low profile at the top, idealy as wide as the headtube is so there isn't a step between the two.

Ideas? Is there a specific name/descriptor for the sort of headset I'm after?

Cheers!

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

I think On One will be producing a headset to go specifically with the frame so may be worth hanging on to see what they come up with. Otherwise I am not sure-I have 2 FSA headsets I plan to use. One is standard 1.125 which I can use for the top and the other is a 1.5 to 1.125 reducer I can use on the bottom.

ginsterdrz
    Free Member

Cane Creek do a newish headset that allows various bottom race sizes from 1.5" to 1.25".

Did you get the special deal? Waiting for mine too 😀

Northwind

Hope do a really excellent 1.5 reducer which would be perfect for the bottom race, and all their headsets are interchangable, but as far as I can tell they don't sell it tailored for a tapered headtube. Would be worth giving them a ring to see if they can make one up for you though.

18bikes

we can offer the hope as a mix/match upper/lower. this headset stuff's going to get really messy soon!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘What Headset for 456 Carbon Frame?’ is closed to new replies.