Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What head sweatband?
  • lovegoinguphills
    Free Member

I currently wear a bandana but always a tight fit under my helmet. Anyone use something suitable with good results?

Kryton57

I cut a 2″ strip of the end of an old buff, seems to work.

bimster29
    Free Member

I use a Halo headband. It has a band of silicon which channels the sweat away from your eyes.

Looks stupid and leaves an inprint on my head but no sweat in my eyes or on the lenses of my oakleys.

warpcow
    Free Member

For me a Halo kept the sweat at bay a little longer and then just wetted-out and needed removing and wringing out every 10mins. It ended up being more annoying than riding without.

The only sweatband thing that’s ever worked well for me is the SweatGutr type. Buffs are just too warm, even though they are better than a Halo in that they don’t release a deluge of liquid when you so much as twitch an eyebrow.

I also tried a MET/Bluegrass helmet with the silicon pad at the front. That was just uncomfortable, and the gaps in the pad direct all sweat directly into your eyes.

DaveRambo

+1 for a Halo band here.

Stops all the sweat from my forehead going in my eyes. I do have to make the helmet adjustments larger to fit it under.

jam-bo

get a new helmet. I used to really suffer with sweat in my eyes with my hex. just bought a montaro and no problems at all. the pads are really effective.

jimdubleyou

Just bought a montaro too, and for a 5 hours ride on Saturday it was brilliant.

What was not so brilliant is that the pad cover has already started to separate from the pad itself.

Don’t know if this is just a crap batch or normal. Quite like the helmet otherwise.

Rubber_Buccaneer

I cut a 2″ strip of the end of an old buff

Should do the trick. I have a stack of old ‘Hydrate or Die’ headbands from Camelbak that are much like this, very 90s 🙂

lovewookie

bits of buff have never really done it for me, never enough absorbance. I have 2 sweatbands from ground effect which are OK, but again, restricts the fit of my helmet. (fnarr)

I use a Sweat Gutr. a rubber band thing that has a channel at the front which collects sweat and moves it to away from your eyes. mine directs straight to my helmet straps and works a treat.
    sweat gutr on amazon

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What head sweatband?’ is closed to new replies.