Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • What have you/will you buy your mum for Christmas?
  • BlobOnAStick

I’m stuck for any ideas 🙁

hels
    Free Member

Mine asked for slippers ! Will top up her account with local book seller too.

_tom_
    Free Member

Slippers here as well 😆

stevepitch
    Free Member

Mines getting take that on cd, a tree for her new garden and a Wii so that when the grand kids go over they can all play together 🙂

BlobOnAStick

Slippers 🙄 She’s got so many pairs…..

Mine said she’d bought a book and I could give her that 😕

Half of the time I think it’s because she doesn’t know what’s actually out there to have! (I thought about getting her a kindle, but it’s a pricey gift that I’m not sure would get used enough)

yunki
    Free Member

a colonic irrigation

BlobOnAStick

I bought her a tree once – a Bonsai.

She killed it because she thought she should feed it with baby bio.

Stoner
    Free Member

Some Smart Luna lights on special offer from On-One and a reflective tabbard. She wants to do more cycling in the late afternoon/evening but is worried about missing the last of the daylight.
    Prob also some choccies.

dafoxster
    Free Member

Kindle. Went to the US and managed to pick up a brand new one for £50.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Nothing, not giving or getting presents this year. Same as last year, and hopefully all future years 🙂

Northwind

Digital camera… Drag her into the digital age, by her hair if need be 😉

allthepies
    Free Member

Perfume, a recipe magazine subscription and a Denby teapot (which I’m currently waiting for delivery @ home)

ChrisL

My brother and I are getting our mum a new printer/scanner, as she broke her last one recently. Last year we got her a Kindle and I think my dad got her a new digital camera. I’m also getting her a book off her Amazon wishlist.

She also asks for things like hankerchiefs and padded coathangers too, though.

5lab

some bodyshop smellies and a terrace of bird houses

Gary_M
    Free Member

Very dificult to buy for my mum now as she doesn’t really go out any more (she’s 83 and just recovering from cancer) so all we’ve got so far is a microwaveable hot water bottle. Bit stuck to be honest.

woody2000

A family photo portrait 🙂

IHN

Took her shopping, bought her a top that she chose. She’ll also get a Hairy Bikers cook book, ‘cos she likes them.

corroded
    Free Member

Some jarrah honey (like manuka) from Western Australia. It’s already leaked over my luggage. Still, makes a change from gardening gloves. Tempted to pass on my iPhone to her too. I’m the spirit of generosity.

Militant_biker

A Vera Bradley handbag, and t’wife knitted a scarf to match.

I think it’s horrible. I’m assured she’ll love it. 😯

(The scarf was part of my wife’s plot to do naff all housework this autumn as “I need to knit X for Y”)

Sandwich

Flowers and put them on her grave.

BlobOnAStick

🙁 @ Sandwich.

ourmaninthenorth

At 66, she’s becoming very arthritic and walking is really tricky. But she’s rediscovered her love of riding bikes.

She’s bought herself some cycling shorts, a jersey and some longs, which I’ve agreed to pay for.

But I’ve also (from here) bought her a Carradice saddlebag, which I’ll put a toolkit and some booze in.

We’re going to ride from her home (near Cardigan) to Hay on Wye next year.

momo

Perfume, she dropped a very unsubtle hint the other day that she’s nearly run out.

ton

some earrings she picked.

thomthumb
    Free Member

i’m getting your mum sexy undies – so don’t get that.

sadmadalan

Perfume and a new TV. Will have to go an visit to get TV, set up and teach mum how to use it – but that is what sons are for

theflatboy
    Free Member

we got her a personalised apron from cafe press. which sounds a bit patronising but she’s had it already and loves it!

Kevsterjw
    Free Member

a lump of coal and a stick

Bunnyhop

Have a look at my blogsite for ideas here http://emmyjane-design.blogspot.com/

Can do personalised aprons if you like.

Got my mother a rucksac, some smellies and thermal gloves.

portlyone

We’re getting her a digital photoframe with our (siblings) combined photo albums on.

tall_martin

Myself and my sister are getting our folks a voucher for a posh restaurant.

Stuff- They’ve got it
    Experiences and something that they will do together and enjoy is what we have been buying for the last few years. 😀

steve_b77
    Free Member

A watch

beckykirk43
    Free Member

A t-shirt (I do hope I picked the right size or there’ll be trouble!), and a microwavable cuddly toy/hot “water” bottle type thing.
    Giving the parents a copy of the leader’s picture for the university’s rambling society cos I’m now qualified as a leader and they have lots of pictures of my brother with his football team!

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘What have you/will you buy your mum for Christmas?’ is closed to new replies.