Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • What have you lost then found recently??
  • DrP

I’ll go first.

I was in a bit of a tizz as I had ‘lost’ my Leatherman Charge Ti somewhere in the house.
    Also, I’d lost my winter gloves..

I had a quick google to see how much a replacement Charge would be – £150+!! That prompted me to look again..

The leatherman was in my camelback (I’d looked there twice already), and the gloves were on the clothes horse.

Phew.
    Brow wiped.
    Catastrophe averted….

DrP

perchypanther
    Free Member

The will to live.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

My Mojo.

Yeah baby, yeah! It’s baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.

Rrrrrrr.

nedrapier

I lost a half centimeter thorn in my shin in Jan. Got brambled quite badly, got out all I could see, cuts and scratches all healed over.

Discovered a hard lump a few weeks ago, kept messing with it, a spot appeared, I took the top off last night and dug out the thorn. very satisfying!

TimP
    Free Member

DrP, if you are on a roll, can you come round and find the battery pack for my Gemini light, and my shock pump?

Ta

DrP

I’ve a shock pump you can have “Timmy Tim nice but dim”….
    You around this weekend?

DrP

BigDummy
    Free Member

I lost a (rather ‘spensive) pair of prescription Oakley riding glasses. Right after I’d replaced them, the ferry company rang me up to announce that they’d got them.

cloudnine
    Free Member

The spare key to my van when I locked mine on the front seat. Spent 2hrs carefully breaking into it with a box strap. Walked back inside and found the spare key about 5 minutes later…

bikebouy
    Free Member

My sense of humour, still haven’t found it though.

Maybe its down the back of the sofa along with a few “old” £1 coins.

BillOddie

My iPod Shuffle, happens couple of times a week. You’d think I’d learn…

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Camera. Don’t use it much now with the phone more readily available but had taken it down to Dorset for Christmas thinking I’d use it. Came back home and couldn’t find it anywhere, presumed I’d left at my MIL house under a pile of books or something. Found it last week in one of the many storage areas in the car.

nickc

lost a half used bottle of reasonably expensive aftershave, looked pretty much everywhere for it, resigned myself to buying another bottle, (which I did) and lo and behold, there’s the old one in a bag I rarely use…

ah well.

BadlyWiredDog

An Exposure Joystick, off my cross bike. Off the bar mount on a later afternoon ride. I went back on foot with a headtorch and a Diablo in the pitch black, pouring rain and found it sat half way down a mildly bumpy descent. Very pleased with myself. I’ve now butchered the Exposure lanyard, so the lanyard clip it zip-tied neatly to the bars and the Joystick gets clipped on.

slowoldman

Watch, spare car keys, cycling specs – that’s just in the last couple of weeks.

Normally various bits of outdoor gear have been placed somewhere obvious which I then forget about.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’ve not long moved house so “everything”, oh and I’ve got a 2 year old that like to take things and put them in strange places.

Recently:

Passport, lost it, started process of replacing it, because it was 9 1/2 years old anyway – seems it’s a bit of a PITA to replace a lost PP, even if it’s ‘old’, meetings need to happen in strange places. Starting looking for bit and bobs needed for the application, Found it in the place the Mrs said it wasn’t and couldn’t be. Result, especially as it expires 2 weeks after my next trip meaning I don’t need to replace it for at least a year!

Sunglasses, last seen in a series of photos taken at Xmas with 2yo wearing them, so they didn’t get lost in the move, still missing – could be anywhere, she might have even binned them.

Brand new, unworn, pricy winter gloves. Never saw a moments action on the bike, used them when moving house as they were nice and thin and pretty warm… left them in the hire van, never seen again.

bigyinn
    Free Member

My other half “lost” (read- threw out) an important part for the Dyson. Ordered a secondhand replacement (£10 so not the end of the world) only to find the missing bit in the bin 3 hours after paying for the replacement. FFS.

nedrapier

paying for the replacement

Absolutely sure fire way of finding something!

SaxonRider

My mojo.

globalti
    Free Member

I lost my Grandpa’s Parker 51 gold-topped ballpoint, which I’ve had for 44 years and which has written my notes on trips all over the world. It’s dented and the gold plate is wearing off but it’s my best friend. It’s gone walkies a few times but always turned up but this time it seemed to be for good.

Then I had the idea of asking our company receptionist to make a PA announcement and… five minutes later I had it back. As I suspected, somebody had found it where I’d left it on a desk, thought it was a knackered old pen and thrown it in a drawer.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘What have you lost then found recently??’ is closed to new replies.