Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • What have you fettled today?
  • whereisthurso
    Free Member

I cut an fsa bb30 convertor into two in order to get it to fit my CAAD X. Seems to have worked pretty well and I’ve now got a nice non creaking ultegra bb and tiagra chainset. Good riddance to bb30.

posiwev
    Free Member

Rebuilding my Africa Twin = oops wrong type of bike 😆

Ambrose

I’ve just finished fettling a boeuf bourginon right into my tummy. It was ace.

senorj

Me and Li’l J have fitted a vice to our work bench.
    He drilled the holes,but lost interest tightening the bolts.He’s 3.5y/o 🙂

Drac

Turnaround times.

Tracey

Not done any fettling today. Got back from the ride and still hadn’t managed to warm up. Dirty bikes were put straight away. Shoes are on the newly acquired shoe drier and got straight in the bath. Before tomorrow’s ride the crank will need refitting to the Chameleon as will some new pads which the Peak grime ate at some time during the ride. Was a great ride though.

inverjoe
    Free Member

Replaced the bushes and seals in my reverb post, cured the lateral play, now it has vertical play….

martinhutch

One for this thread:

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/spannering-mistakes-come-on-own-up

Fitted 180 brake adapter 3 weeks ago. A few rides later, wondering why only half the pad was getting worn and it was hard to align.

Today I put it back on in the correct direction… 😳

amedias
    Free Member

I started, then got fed up, and had a cup of tea instead, but I managed a couple jobs

– replace (quill) stem on winter roadie – I hate retaping bars!
    – swap wheel and tyre on front of XC race bike ready for next weekend

still to do

– replace lower headset bearing on XC race bike ready for next weekend
    – replace broken spoke on one wheel
    – replace knackered bearings on another
    – service bearings on another!
    – fit dropper remote
    – service headset on wifes commuter
    – fix seized rear brake and replace cables + all pads on wifes commuter
    – rebuild rear wheel with new rim on wifes road bike
    – swap damper oil in spare Lefty for lighter weight
    – swap tyres + tubelessify old retro SS
    – replace brake levers + cables on old retro SS
    – fit new chain to old retro SS
    – lowers service on old Rebas before putting them up for sale

gonna be a week of busy evenings I think!

kiwijohn

Fitted new tyres to the Singular.

shindiggy
    Free Member

New brake pads fitted and after all the Sram XD & cassette interface scares stories made sure mine was well greased.

spooky_b329

Fitted a towbar and electrics to the new van. Adjusted/fix a few niggles/rattles. Used bike rack to test electrics.

After some patio work last week and todays spannering, the garage is in a horrendous state, thats tomorrows job. And finish the fence…that too.

Bikes, gathering dust at the moment after an unusally enthusiastic December and January.

somafunk

Took my new trail building tools for a fettle on my local trails,

Both bought from Edged Arts

Along with my rake and silky zubat saw i managed to clear an entire flow-line down through the forest which will get ridden in t’morn to see where the natural ride line is then i’ll go back over it and start to cut the berms/reinforce the turns/bench cut etc.

I’m quite excited, got a new flask as well so i’m sorted for black tea on the trails, my old flask will be handed over to toby-dog duties as he prefers a milky tea 😀

Also had the pleasure of a visit from Mr & Mrs Postierich & Imogen – good to see them after so many years and i’m sure i’ll be paying them a visit over the coming months.

garage-dweller

Cleaned the two main bikes’ chains yesterday. They seemed to have congealed / emulsified over the winter and it was time to break out the eco vandal aerosol cleaner.

Noticed another ht2 bb had expired on the hard tail. I reckon that’s done less than 500 miles of winter muck. I know Shimano ones are not supposed to be user serviceable but I think I might try…

JoeG
    Free Member

Friday, I bought a suspension bushing for a Gary Fisher Sugar. Saturday, I cut the length down to fit my Trek Y bike. 😀

Now I need to patiently wait for the loctite to set… 😡

nedrapier

I fettled a couple of trees down.

breadcrumb

I know Shimano ones are not supposed to be user serviceable but I think I might try…

They’re pretty easy to open up.
    Carefully pry out the black plastic top hat.
    Then pop the seal off the bearing.
    Flush with degreaser or WD40.
    If it’s seized I force a screw driver handle into the centre of the bearing to help me rotate it.
    Apply fresh grease to the bearing.
    Re-assemble.

I’ve got way more miles out of BBs that I thought were ready for the bin.

ajantom

Halfway through rebuilding/modernising my Pace RC200 F8.

Fitted – RF Atlas cranks & N/W ring, SLX 10spd clutch mech, rigid forks (cut to size), CK headset, Hope stem, bars, Zee rear shifter, Nokon outers and cables, Hope X2 Race brakes.

To do – decide on wheels & fit 10spd cassette, rotors and tyres. Find a seatpost to fit and appropriate saddle – might have to be an original Flite, if I can find it.

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘What have you fettled today?’ is closed to new replies.