Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • What have you done to earn your Friday beer
  • hamishthecat
    Free Member

Been on the train from Exeter to Carlisle and back, for a two hour meeting. 6.24 departure this morning and just left Gloucester on the way home…

ojom
    Free Member

Usual. Worked hard, made decisions, did some cool shit.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Spent the day riding Antur Stiniog.

I have a thirst!

swhoward

Kirroughtree black route with lots of extra McMoab.

seavers
    Free Member

Kirroughtree black route with lots of extra McMoab.

Ride Dalbeattie tomorrow you slut.

MoreCashThanDash

Cycled to and from work.

Sacrificed watching the ToB come through to get some hours in the flexi bank.

Got home in time to let MrsMC and Little MissMC go on their Guide camping trip. LittleMissMC needs tonight to get her “camping one night in each season” badge, not bad for an 8 year old!

Did all the kitchen tidying up that had been left.

Took my lad and three of his mates to Scouts – one of them his first week back since starting chemo, and looking really well, I’m pleased to say (will delay beer till I have brought them back)

Have gone through all the figures for the new car MrsMC nearly bought today top see if it is worth it over a one year old model. She will not like my answer… 🙄

Getting organised to pick LittleMissMC up in the morning from this camping thing, get her to gymnastics training, then a picnic at Hicks Lodge before taking her round the blue route on her new bike with her brother, before getting us all to my folks for tea, before getting them home and clean and to bed so I can attack the ironing mountain before taking Jnr to the opticians on Sunday morning before we go and look at this sodding car that isn’t worth it, organising the Sunday roast and getting LittleMiss to swimming club.

At some point in all this MrsMC will return home.

And I will start to strip, clean and rebuild my bike in shiny 1×11 blingness.

Pass me another beer!

bearnecessities

Nothing.

Thankfully beer doesn’t judge me.

I love you beer.

Now come here nuts!

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

First proper exercise today since breaking my collarbone 3 months ago. Power walked up Pen Y Gent, then got a text on the summit saying I should have been at work 30mins ago, jogged back down. legs are like jelly tonight and relaxing with a Kasteel Rouge at the mo.

swanny853

Sorted flat tyres and brakes and de-rattled old style headsets and bottom brackets for three of next doors kids bikes. Apparently they have already been ragging them round the garden and I’m bring drawn a picture to say thanks!

stumpy01

Got home, washed the Wife’s car, polished it and waxed it.

Forgot to wash the wheels in my haste to get on with the polishing so have to do that tomorrow….still having a beer though 😀

hjghg5
    Free Member

Have spent the week working from home aka sitting in a hospital with my mum and trying to keep on top of work via emails, BlackBerry and working late into the evening.

An hour on the bike in the sun this evening worked wonders though.

Next week is booked as holiday so although there will be hospital time the gaps in between won’t be spent working thankfully.

cheers_drive

Solo hundred mile road ride. Got to work tomorrow to make up for today

senorj

Early shift,cycled really really quickly to High Beech for a coffee in the sunshine,punctured on the way back ,in Tottenham,in Lycra ! and then attended a really cool three year old twins birthday party.
    The parents are Spanish and a grandparent brought bags of amazing meat.Salty, but amazing.
    Nomnom

daniel_owen_uk
    Free Member

Replaced a tube….

Got a bit excited on way home, thought commuting hard tail was ok for the “woods” way home. Not bothered with tubeless on commuter, pinch flat 1 mile in 🙁

stox
    Free Member

After 5 months of waiting we got the keys to our new (to us) house a fortnight ago.
    Been working and throwing money at it for 2 weeks with an aim to move in next Friday.
    All new heating completed today and an internal wall removed to open up the kitchen.

I’d say I can just about justify myself a beer. Can’t afford one tho 🙂

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

U dear strict instructions to ret the ankle after having it fused on Tuesday I sat and rad / played on the / iPad all day. Very decking boring but SingleTrackMinds beer started dribbling in about 4pm and things just seem to get better,

Still bored senseless but not so bothered

daftvader
    Free Member

Ikea…. For what felt like days… 🙁

maxtorque

I dug one of my Customers out of a huge hole they have been digging themselves into for the last week.
    Then, thanks to a bit of skills buffing from the Jedi last week, i hit a few jumps and gaps i’ve always taken the chicken line around on my usual “Friday night in the woods ride”….

Beer time! 😆

garage-dweller

About eight impossibly dull practice questions for upcoming work exams, finished wooden trims in porch over my lunch break, tidied the dining room up, emptied the dishwasher and done the school run (by which I mean run after my boys as they pedal away from me as fast as/faster than I can run) which I rarely get to do.

Also checked the tubeless conversion on my new bike is holding pressure properly (most important bit of the day…)

No beer for me though as I am trying to keep my brain unfuddled/get good quality sleep until exams are done

vorlich
    Free Member

Fell off my bike on a flat bit of trail I’ve ridden hundred of times.

iainc

2 hrs of dry and dusty techy Mugdock stuff straight from work. Suspect that will be the last dust of 2015…. Beers slipping down nicely now 🙂

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

managed to re-borrow (you never own, only borrow :wink:) a kom that I lost to some quick guys who came trundling through Longridge earlier on this week. Mind you I doubt Mark McNally nearly barfed when he finished the seg 😳

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Spent 2 days shifting 3 decades worth of guano, old clothes, paint tins, broken bin-liners full of earth and lime, rusted objects and other junk from new storage shed. Scrubbed another decade of limescale, pubes, dog hair and dead insects from bathroom and kitchen of a minging old cottage. Lost a whole nights sleep coughing dust, woodworm, dessicated moth bits, spider eggs, cobwebs and bits of fly wings. Bastard aching plates of meat killing me. Travelled 200 miles back home in rain in dark with a wonkey trailer now to dismantle the remainder of own furniture and still no sign of bed or beer at time of typing. Why not get beer? Because forgot to buy beer!

kimbers

Got a cheeky hour in on some schweeet singletrack at woburn, then picked up eldest from his 2nd half day at school, youngest from nursery, then an hour and a half in the park!
    Back home, various superhero, car and ball games in the garden, a!so managed to get the last of my bike hooks up in the garage , then bed time , stories, bedtime again, dealing with a full nappy, then bedtime again

And finally Chinese take away and now my 3rd pint of Marston’s EPA

🙂

colournoise

Survived both ASDA and Aldi (although the latter did supply the tasty wheat beer I’m now enjoying).

Quick spin out after walking the dogs – a couple of Strava (I know…) PRs and even a KoM or two. 1st world satisfaction after a few weird virus addled weak weeks.

john_drummer
    Free Member

Today i suffered ABBA. In museum format. Yes, Stockholm has an (nay, the ) ABBA museum

Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘What have you done to earn your Friday beer’ is closed to new replies.