Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • what have you broken this week?
  • jam-bo

I’ll kick us off with this… 👿

SaxonRider

Yak

One of the 5 kids I was transporting to after school sports yesterday opened the passenger door into the car parked next to us. 🙁 Awaiting bill/ insurance claim…

legend
    Free Member

Yak – Member

One of the 5 kids I was transporting to after school sports yesterday opened the passenger door into the car parked next to us. Awaiting bill/ insurance claim…

Yeah but you can just claim against the owner of the child for not keeping it under control at all times…….. or is that cats? I forget.

Think I’ve broken my spirit, struggling to look forward to getting soaked again tonight after twice at the weekend.

BFITH
    Free Member

A few hearts ….. 😉

IGMC

jam-bo

and i lost my knog blinder rear light on sunday. I’m guessing the mount broke. obviously I don’t have a photo of it..

Yak

Yeah but you can just claim against the owner of the child for not keeping it under control at all times…….. or is that cats? I forget.

Yeah my cats too. They are too fat, so I’ve put them on a diet. Result – they just kill more stuff..

Cats/children – all banned from everything right now…., 👿

neilthewheel

Wind.

ste_t
    Free Member

Quite the opposite for me. Had my phone delivered today after being repaired on the insurance and collected my car this morning after having new glow plugs and egr valve fitted.

A few weeks ago, my car broke down and as I got out of the car my phone fell out of my pocket and smashed. THAT was not a good day.

stgeorge

Nothing yet, but it’s only Tuesday so expect an update 🙂

Murray

Another tyre with a bulge – luckily it was due to be changed on Friday, just a PITA getting it done early.

eltonerino
    Free Member

Broke my helmet last Tuesday. It looks fine, but I only felt the head part of the crash. Replacement arrived yesterday.

Anyone want to buy a visually fine but structurally unsound bell super?

beej

My 1 minute power record for this year.

TheDoctor
    Free Member

A pair of Campag shifters and a handlebar 🙁

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

House door, barrel popped out on my key, new barrell fitted and 5 mins locksmith work £85

Measuring bike for new wheels, turned upside down, I have lost the slx shifter cap, luckily no mud inside,
    Found replacement part online £3.49 delivered, I’m hoping another bikes shifter has the same cap cover so can switch until replacement comes

Suggsey
    Free Member

The big boil on the back of me neck, lots of cheese and bit of blood 😆

Bregante

My coffee machine

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

My wallet

simondbarnes

A tyre (although the tubeless anchovy is still holding)

and a freehub body

nach
    Free Member

A stranger’s stride as he was a few sentences into an anti-cyclist rant in a pub, when I interrupted him with a hammy delivery of “Yeah but see, some of these car drivers, they think they own the road“. He looked a bit embarassed and stopped talking.

Also my phone but it had it coming, horrible smooth over-sized lozenge that it is.

jam-bo

So, to add to the tally.

That rock/wheel coming together this morning has cost me two new tyres as I damaged the rear as well. No suspension damage but I hit it hard enough to trigger the passenger seat airbag and seatbelt pre-tensioner. So it’s looking like a replacement seat, airbag ecu and seatbelt….

Ps. Airbags going off are loud. Really loud.

survivor

My first rear mech in quite a few years….. 😥

grum
    Free Member

A tyre (although the tubeless anchovy is still holding)

Snap.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

My favourite mug. (The one with the owl on) Poured hot water in it & it went ‘ting’ then coffee leaked out the side. 😥

mattsccm
    Free Member

Several promises!

duncancallum

Exlixr 7s

Reverb

And my will too live

PiknMix
    Free Member

I broke a cup due to stupidly slamming a cupboard after finding out my potatoes had gone mouldy, I was then pee’d off about the cup so threw a mouldy potato which knocked a plate off the draining board and it smashed.

It has not been a good day for me today.

tang
    Free Member

My track pump.

MrPottatoHead

4 router bits trying to make a home made slot car circuit. Knew 5 for a £10 was a bad move but thought I’d get further than 2ft of track 😥

kimbers

my folding bike now folds in several dimensions at once

the bottom folding pivot was knackered and trying to ride off a kerb was the last straw, stripped the threads and snapped the bolt, causing the seat tube and bottom bracket to part company

barclays bike for me for a while till i can find a new folder on ebay

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Several Strava PR’s up and down and for a bit of distance. That and the batteries in my legs

mrsfry
    Free Member

Think i just broke all my toes 🙁 pushed my office chair back and it ran over my foot 🙁

cannondaleking
    Free Member

Kimbers I have a Raleigh stowaway you can have if your willing to come get it from Lowestoft in Suffolk it is purple though was gonna build it as a single speed town bike but never got round to it.

kimbers

thanks canondaleking, thats really kind

im having fun building up a rat bike, – ill see how long it can last locked at euston station 🙂

stumpy01

The speed limit a couple of times*

*joke, obvs….. 😀

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘what have you broken this week?’ is closed to new replies.