Viewing 32 posts - 121 through 152 (of 152 total)
  • What have you bought recently that's pretty cool?
  • grum
    Free Member

An egg timer from IKEA to turn into a gopro timelapse panning mount. 🙂

http://www.getawaymoments.com/2011/07/how-to-make-cheap-and-easy-ikea-time.html

ormondroyd
    Free Member

ronjeremy
    Free Member

This weekend gone a new (to me 7ft 3) mini mal was too good to turn down..

@Kuco, if the surf comb is going spare, I’ll take it (email in profile)

Oh and a new man bag for taking my iDave approved lunches to the office

somafunk

bob_summers wins hands down on the first page (not this this is a contest but if it was he’d win) with his isomac espresso machine, Bob…..I salute you for your impeccable taste.

athgray
    Free Member

A map of the Munro’s in the style of the London Underground map. Each summit is a station.

Duane…
    Free Member

Not that recent, but I think it’s pretty ace 😛

teasel
    Free Member

bob_summers wins hands down on the first page (not this this is a contest but if it was he’d win) with his isomac espresso machine…

Although a nice bit of kit, I beg to differ. Ben Cooper’s jig wins by a country mile…

Edit : But the pic of the furry alien werefly comes in a close second.

somafunk

Whilst i can fully appreciate the precision and absolute single minded beauty of Ben’s stem jig i still have to hold my hand up to Bob’s espresso machine, I doubt i could build frames/stems but i can brew espresso with my Gaggia Baby class to a decent standard that would satisfy 99% of espresso junkies however that isomac would take my 2 double espresso’s a day addiction to a level that would enable me to squeeze that extra 1% out of my beans.

😀

teasel
    Free Member

🙂

somafunk

And having visited Bens workshop to get a TI frame prepped i feel i ought to fess-up and tell you/warn you it is a veritable cornucopia of biking exotica and frame building curiosity, you should see his box of braze on cable cable guides, or the S & S Couplings…if that doesn’t get you salivating then nothing will 😯

JohnJohn
    Free Member

poor pic, blade looks like this.

hopefully it’ll be pretty cool when its finished!

bencooper
    Free Member

And having visited Bens workshop to get a TI frame prepped i feel i ought to fess-up and tell you/warn you it is a veritable cornucopia of biking exotica and frame building curiosity

I do collect a lot of junk, yes 😉

onandon
    Free Member

In the last week

One of these

Fiio E11 headphone amp

Montane Anti-freeze

white101

2 tickets for ashes test match at Durham this August for my dad and me.

Arguably I might not have bought them but sitting at home with internet and unspent wages and a broken ankle, I was driven to it by the voices in my head.

Almost the second I click ‘buy tickets’ I felt pain and guilt for some odd reason (£80 each was probably the reason) so I went online to check out prices for the current New Zealand v England series and felt even worse, you can watch all 5 days of any test match over the next couple of months for as little as $112. Thats about £60 for all 5 days!

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

kuco… thanks for the offer but let ron-jerem have it i have loads, and besides, he’s got a bic surfboard… he needs all the help he can get!

spacemonkey

I still have no idea what some of these things are 🙂

Plus I forgot to add these 2 beauties to my original list:

Leap Steelcase chair – the most comfortable bit of seatage known to man.

Croozer (for 1) – SM jnr loves it as much as I do = nuff said.

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Coyote
    Free Member

What’s the story round the knife JohnJohn?

ormondroyd
    Free Member

white101 – test prices have ROCKETED in this country in recent years. Only a few years ago I’d get all four (advance sold) days on the West Terrace at Headingley for £20 a day.

I think because Lord’s has been getting away with tickets starting at about £60, they’re all at it now

sharkbait
    Free Member

Some lovely stuff on here. Got this not long ago – not new but we all love it

mrmoofo

A Ducati Diavel …
    And I can’t post pictures cos I don’t know how to!

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Like this?

fervouredimage
    Free Member

also one of these. Smaller than my normal saw for lighter work in the coppice. A bargin for £150.

Can I ask where you purchased the saw from Stoner? Just the size I’m after.

maxtorque

A nice big beefy electric motor for my MTB shock dyno build

Geek Cool 😉

ElShalimo

a red wine decanter for when we pretend to be posh

Normally the wine gets “hoovered” so it has no time to “air”

JohnJohn
    Free Member

Coyote – Member
    What’s the story round the knife JohnJohn?
    POSTED 6 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

Birthday present to myself from http://www.brisa.fi. Just fancied having a go at making something different and Brisa have a fantastic selection.

bruk

That decanter looks lovely. I know someone that would love that! Mind if I ask where you got it from ElShalimo.

fd3chris
    Free Member

My juicer, I haven’t stopped drinking them for a week.

ElShalimo

Bruk
    – it’s from John Lewis “Sagaform red wine” model and only £25!
    Big enough for the wine to breathe (as long as I’m not anywhere near it)

Nipper99
    Free Member

John John – looked like some sort of upmarket coke cutting / snorting kit.

bruk

Cheers, that’s FIL birthday present sorted.

ElShalimo

bruk – it’s actually quite robust compared to most we looked at. It has to be as I’m a ham fisted monkey
    Hope the FIL likes it

Viewing 32 posts - 121 through 152 (of 152 total)

The topic ‘What have you bought recently that's pretty cool?’ is closed to new replies.