Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • What have the pentlands been like today (tue), and will they be rideable tomora?
  • MrKmkII
    Free Member

thinking about a ride up there tomorrow (wednesday). would anyone advise against this? maybe you could suggest somewhere else? it’ll be my first opportunity to ride in a while so i’m quite looking forward to it!

thanks

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Have a search – a couple of threads today suggest its snow up to yer oxters Which is a shame as I was hoping to go for a spin.

druidh
    Free Member

Going by the amount of snow in my street and garden (Balerno) it would be pointless trying to ride a bike up there.

Northwind

I predict they will be buried. Only chance you’ve got is if there’s been a lot of walkers squashing a path, but things were pretty tricky on sunday and there was only about half as much snow then at most. I’m considering making a heroic hike-a-bike to the top of maidens and back tomorrow but on balance, I probably won’t :mrgreen:

Oh and it’s snowing again! Very pretty looking up towards Maidens earlier though.

MrKmkII
    Free Member

hmm, thanks all. i did look back a few pages to see if there was any pentlands chat – but clearly didn’t try hard enough! so failing pentlands, where would people suggest from edinburgh?

daveb
    Free Member

I had thought about a pentlands jaunt and was advised heavily against it. Thinking about it tomorrow during the day instead and if I do will post up and tell you how I get on but think I will probably just follow the cycle paths into Edinburgh instead

daveb
    Free Member

I just used the cycle paths, even they were pretty hard work and had to walk over uber snow drift bits twice – great fun though

on_the_rivet
    Free Member

I’m in Bonaly and I’ve got almost 2 feet of snow in my garden so I don’t fancy your chances

bigjim

I was surprised to see a pentlands route special in WMB this month, was quite nice to see them featured. As long as the plebs stay orrfff moi laaaaandddddddd

cynic-al
    Free Member

What was the route?

IA

14″ of snow in morningside, you’ll be up to your nads in the pentlands.

Front garden earlier today…snowed more since.

Northwind

bigjim – Member

“I was surprised to see a pentlands route special in WMB this month, was quite nice to see them featured. As long as the plebs stay orrfff moi laaaaandddddddd”

****ing idiots included black hill, no fair-weather warning, and the article says “The pentlands are great in all conditions”. Nice one.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Northwind – they need to be told to correct it then.

MrK mkII

A couple of us are going to head out to the pentlands tomorrow to see what can be done if you want to join i#n. email me

Northwind

They have been told… But it’s in print now. Photos are all of a lovely summer’s day so I guess they did the ride in good conditions.

kennyp
    Free Member

I live in Bonaly and there’s tons of snow here, so I don’t fancy your chances much. Saying that though, if you stick to the fringes ie Torduff, Clubbiedean, Easter Kinleith, Harlaw etc you might find that walkers have trodden it down enough to be rideable. That’s what happened last year.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘What have the pentlands been like today (tue), and will they be rideable tomora?’ is closed to new replies.