Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • What have I got Bianchi Nirone
  • soobalias
    Free Member

slight twist on a standard whats it worth thread.

I dont know much about road stuff, but i can see that parts are rust infested, the seat post is stuck, the press fit top part of which allows easy saddle removal
    the brakes are pretty siezed, but then i dont know how to adjust them.
    rear wheel pretty badly buckled, ive tweaked the nipples till its enough to run through the brake pads, mostly. Front wheel skewer is siezed in place – fitted the front wheel from my commuter for now.

is this a decent bike and worth riding,
    is it worthy of fixing up properly
    or only slowly and cheaply as its always going to be old/tired
    or ultimately “i would not ride that, anywhere, ever”

monksie
    Free Member

Depending on size, I’d give you £150 for it. In good nick, you’d probably be looking at £300.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Its the wrong color but other that that well worth saving.

soobalias
    Free Member

if i get on with it, i will probably strip and respray, its pretty tatty atm

andysredmini
    Free Member

It looks to be the same frame (different paint job) as mine which is a 2006
    http://roadcyclinguk.com/tech/tech-features/first-look-bianchi-via-nirone-7.html.
    It’s the only road bike I have ridden but I love it. I paid around £700 but it was reduced from around £1400 ( probably an inflated price)
    Regarding painting it you will need to consider that the seat stays are carbon which will count out getting it chemically stripped and powder coated.

IanW
    Free Member

New cables, chain, cassete if needed fix up the seat post, maybe a bit of bar tape and tyres, ride it see if you like it. If you do spend a bit more on some wheels.

I wouldn’t paint it , the name is 50% of the value.

djflexure

Got the same bike in blue, must be 10 yrs plus.
    I use it in the winter, replaced everything and it’s been great.

globalti
    Free Member

Fix it up and use it. Bianchi Nirone is a decent entry-level bike, alloy with a carbon fork and very smooth and forgiving to ride. Fit a carbon post for more smoothness and no rust problems.

soobalias
    Free Member

will look at a carbon post, when i get the stuck one out.
    anyone know what size it is?

djflexure

TiRed

Fine bike with very good Ultegra 6600 shifters and derailleurs (which may not have been original). Fix it up, renew cables, and clean the brakes. Some nice wheels and tyres (£200) and it will ride as good as any £1000 road bike. About £300 all in.

A carbon seatpost would be a good upgrade.

Or sell it for £150-200.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘What have I got Bianchi Nirone’ is closed to new replies.