Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • What has Pickles done to deserve a knighthood?
  • PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

What has Pickles done to deserve a knighthood? Apart from lose his place on the front bench?

Confused from Essex

maccyb
    Free Member

Pretty much my reaction when I just saw it on BBC news website. Except with more swearing…

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Eaten the defecit

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    northernmatt

Sir Pickles. Sounds like a name for a cat. A fat one.

Harry_the_Spider

Survived in the face of an overwhelming quantity of pies.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

services to Greggs

slowoldman

Is it for services to overeating?

pedropete

He is a country member

iolo
    Free Member

He’s sucked the right persons you know what

chrismac

Kept his mouth shut and not revealed where some of the skeletons are burried?

binners

For most closely resembling a massive thumb?

mogrim

He probably ate them.

matt_outandabout

^ this.

Favours, innit.

chewkw
    Free Member

Pimpmaster Jazz – Member

What has Pickles done to deserve a knighthood?

Surely he got it for being a fatty?

wanmankylung
    Free Member

It’s quite apt that he shares a birthday with Adolf Hitler.

br
    Free Member

You don’t get a knighthood because you ‘deserve’ it, it’s just the next step on a ‘career’ path for folk in certain careers. Whether that wold be Politician, Civil Servant, Entertainer or Businessman/woman.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Getting on Desert Island Discs was bad enough, now this?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Does this mean he can sit in the house of lards lords?

njee20
    Free Member

WT-actual-F!? Mental.

nickc

Sir Pickles. Sounds like a name for a cat. A fat one.

this

onehundredthidiot

Getting on DesSert Island Discs was bad enough, now this?

Fixed that for you

matt_outandabout

Please can someone with photoshop add Mr Sir Pickes head into this…

Wozza
    Free Member

This

Mr Pickles was the major casualty of David Cameron’s post-election reshuffle, leaving his post as Communities Secretary – a job he held throughout the coalition government.

And

Mr Pickles, a former chairman of the Conservative Party, has been MP for Brentwood and Ongar since 1992.

Confirmed by:

“When I left the Cabinet the prime minister asked if I would accept a knighthood and I indicated that I would but it then has to go through a committee. I’m very pleased.”

Clicky

But then this guy was a Knight too, so it’s not exactly a flawless process.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

As a resident of sunny Brentwood (and Ongar) I’ve felt somewhat embarrassed by the fact that he is our MP…..

And considering that the god damn TOWIE program is “filmed” on our streets that’s saying something.

I believe he had/has a London property paid for by us … WTF … it’s less than an hour to Westmister by train or about the same by car if he’s trsvelling home late at night (I believe late nights is the chestnut used for why MPs have london properties)… How does he think a very large group of his constituents get to work each and every day?

BigJohn

Didn’t he get it for finding the world cup?

Mr_C
    Free Member

Maybe it’s for services to comedy – his appearance on Question Time was hilarious.
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MrFV4c_sVY[/video]

samuri
    Free Member

Here’s the thing. The tories needed a big. fat, stupid scapegoat around to take the heat when things were kicking off. Need to privatise some minor concern like the NHS? Wheel out Pickles with his knighthood earning…..10 extra minutes off parking fines. That’ll distract the British public from real stuff.

There you go.

samuri
    Free Member

I’ve just watched part of that video but had to stop. That’s seriously annoying.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Hes quietlly given most of the Greenbelt to housing developers – imagine he’ll be getting a meaty board position for a major building compant soon.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Here’s the thing. The tories needed a big. fat, stupid scapegoat around to take the heat when things were kicking off. Need to privatise some minor concern like the NHS? Wheel out Pickles with his knighthood earning…..10 extra minutes off parking fines. That’ll distract the British public from real stuff.

I have a horrible feeling you’re right. 🙁

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘What has Pickles done to deserve a knighthood?’ is closed to new replies.