Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 95 total)
  • What has most improved your bike performance this year?
  • mboy
    Free Member

It’s a toss up between a day with Jedi, breaking my bad habits, and the 10 gallons of EPO I liberated from some roadies before the TDF began… 😉

On balance though, I’d say the day with Jedi… Getting a GF that has REALLY got into MTBing and pesters me to go out at every available opportunity has also helped too, especially as she’s now getting pretty quick!

Coleman
    Free Member

Chickenman – ouch!
    Broke my ankle in 3 places and dislocation 14 years ago while biking. So badly smashed they were going to fuse it, but luckily some whizz kid young surgeon came on duty and decided he could fix it. Lucky for me it worked so at least I have still got some movement.

chiefgrooveguru

Dropping my saddle for the fun bits.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Trimix
    Free Member

Spending 5k+ on a new bike has made me ride loads more to justify it.
    Getting the best frame, forks, brakes and gears I could afford.
    800mm bars.
    Riding with mates who are faster.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Going fully rigid, rather than relying on 5″ of skill compensation!

bunnerscj
    Free Member

discovering singlespeed when I swore never to 😆
    LOVE IT !

oldgit
    Free Member

Trying to sit down at work once and a while and cutting back from a six day week to the normal five.
    Never had a sitting down job ever, and used to get to evening races with tired legs.

Burts
    Free Member

A big dose of MTFU.

Seriously, I’ve spent ages looking at small drops and braking before jumps. This year I made a conscious effort to MTFU and go for it.

LoveTubs
    Free Member

2hr45mins on the turbo.

neninja
    Free Member

Nicolai Helius CC

Massively improved my riding on techy stuff despite having 20mm less rear travel than the bike it replaced.

U31
    Free Member

Getting fitter, and a course with Great rock’s Ed-o.
    Also messing with bar position.

Starrman28
    Free Member

tubeless..

avdave2

In 24 years I wouldn’t claim to have improved at all really but the thing that has made me enjoy riding more this year has been getting air sprung forks. Before that it had been coil sprung and even with the lightest spring avaliable I couldn’t get decent travel out of them for xc riding.

gothandy

Joining this forum!

So many ideas for stuff to do and buy … you’ve been great guys & gals

Militant_biker

Leaving my job, moving to the USA and riding 75 miles of tight twisty singletrack per week on a singlespeed has done wonders for my fitness and strength.

And finally teaching myself to go left foot forward for some of the time, helps massively to keep the flow going and really helps get through technical stuff.

bella
    Free Member

Stopping thinking about it and finally filling in the application form for the mega-avalanche (OK so the Mrs pushed me in the right direction). It really is as good as the hype but don`t listen to some arse on a forum, Fill in the form.

robhughes
    Free Member

U-turn coil lyriks 😉

samuri
    Free Member

riding more

julianwilson
    Free Member

Mud. Singlespeeding in it with a silly-skiddy rear tyre for both controlling pedalling and not spinning the back wheel, and for not braking to carry speed and not lose the front wheel.

Gawton DH membership.

Riding with fitter faster and more skillful people sometimes.

I’ve spent less on bike parts this last year compared to the year before.

plumber
    Free Member

Day with Ed O has improved my confidence in really nail (Sick to the power of Rad) corners.

I’m now ever so slightly fasterer

Plum

cullen-bay
    Free Member

Changing from MPH to KPH on my speedometer.

seriously… dropping down to 63Kg (6 ft 1) did wonders.

Militant_biker

dropping down to 63Kg (6 ft 1) did wonders.

Blinking flip – you’re skinnier than I am!

Gary_C

Losing 21lb since January, converting the h/t to s/s.

andy7t2
    Free Member

a different rider

pistol10
    Free Member

joining a club, getting a drink/eating plan right for the endurance events. had a great year 9hr42mins kielder 100, 5th solo SITS, 9th solo ssmm.

jedi

mboy – Member

It’s a toss up between a day with Jedi, breaking my bad habits, and the 10 gallons of EPO I liberated from some roadies before the TDF began…

On balance though, I’d say the day with Jedi… Getting a GF that has REALLY got into MTBing and pesters me to go out at every available opportunity has also helped too, especially as she’s now getting pretty quick!
    how are you both riding now?

🙂

Brainflex

my dropper seatpost.

Rivett
    Free Member

Racing downhill.

flamejob
    Free Member

On my 6″ bike; putting superwide flat bars on it.
    Riding DH; buying a Mondraker Summum – it is so much faster at speed than my BigHit it is scary

sssimon
    Free Member

only getting out about once a month has made me enjoy the times I do get out more, been quick on the climbs oddly but all decending skills have gone to shit, heres for a better 2011 with less mayhem to deal with

santacrews
    Free Member

I’ve rode my bike more this year than i have for the past 5 years !

I re built my Bullit and got fitter and fitter till i lost two stone, Just in time for the release of the SC Butcher: Which i rewarded myself with as a present for all the hard work and effort of commuting and riding week ends !

looking forward to 2011.

grtdkad

– continuing to ride through last winter’s snow & ice
    – improved core strength (from 100 pushup/situps.com)
    – losing 17lbs
    – more riding/climbing 😀

MentalMickey
    Free Member

bigbob38 – Member
    Cider

A lack of…. 😀 …..although I did enjoy some Perry’s Red Streak recently. 😈

LoCo
    Free Member

Properly setup suspension 😀
    Sorry had to say that,

Tubeless wheels and tyres,
    Wider bars,
    Lots of turbo traning in the winter
    Swimming.

Keva
    Free Member

no improvement over last year. Bought a nice skid lid though which is soooo nice to wear I never thought it possible.

Kev

jedi

building more challenging singletrack at herts shore has improved my riding.

MarkDatz
    Free Member

geres wudnt chainge proply so i got new cabel but then i notised the ziptye i put on to hold my lok woz arownd the cabel to so i cut it of and now its wikkid swete

ahwiles
    Free Member

i spent £200 on a 24″ bmx cruiser and went to play at the bmx track (bolehill – sheffield).

you can basically buy skills, it’s called a bmx.

if you complain that you’re crap at jumping, but haven’t bought a bmx yet, then you’ve only got yourself to blame.

MRanger156
    Free Member

Saint brakes and wide/low handlebars. Can now ride harder and faster and still in control.

Nest year it will be a new bike (hopefully) and a skills course at inners.

LoCo
    Free Member

oh yeah forgot the bmx! not the tailwhip is transferable to the mtb though 😕

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 95 total)

The topic ‘What has most improved your bike performance this year?’ is closed to new replies.