Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • what hardtail?
  • infidel
    Free Member

Mrs infidel and I are expecting our 1st child later this year and I have ideas about rides with the baby in a trailer. I don't think trailer + my yeti 575 is a great idea so I've been thinking about a hardtail.
    I've got a Revelation fork kicking about (130mm one) and just thought I'd use the wheelset and seatpost/saddle from the yeti as they are quick to swap round.
    So – 130mm fork and 27.2 seatpost to use towards a hardtail that I want to be able to tow a trailer with and use for some south downs + trail centre use. I'm thinking steel. Any suggestions? I've seen a Salsa ala Carte on the forums for sale but not sure if it'd work with a 130mm fork?

Thanks all!!

takisawa2

HT…Steel…130mm forks.
    Some people want the moon on a stick. 🙂

Sanderson Breath.

Solo
    Free Member

It just so happens, I asked this question, earlier today:

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/what-hardtail-frame-2

😉

S

epicsteve
    Free Member

456 as the cheap option, Soul if you've more cash available.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

On One 456

Genesis Altitude

infidel
    Free Member

ooohhh….sanderson – never seen them before!

foxyrider
    Free Member

Can take a 130mm fork 🙂

wwaswas

are you being paid per Kinesis post by dom@upgrade foxyrider?

😉

foxyrider
    Free Member

I got a free chainstay protector with my XCPro3 order (After chatting to Dom Mason) so in a way yes WW 😉

Well I am biased but not on their payroll – I have an XC2, My wife also and also my Neighbour as I built his up from part on his rock hopper 🙂

I wish I got adword from Kinesis after the number of promo posts I have placed 😉

On a serious note I think they are great value frames apart from the KM810 😉

kaesae
    Free Member

Congratulations. I think those bike trailers for kids rock. Makes me smile everytime I see one and the kids seem to love them as well.

Not sure what frame I would go for but if you buy used you can always try a few different ones.

Gunz
    Free Member

Just one note on the bike trailer. I really regretted not paying a bit more and getting the one that reclined. My kids love it but after a full day at the beach they're sparko as soon as we start the return journey and without the reclining feature we have to wedge them in with pillows.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Infidel – just ordered a Cotic Soul for exactly this reason (well that and you can never have too many bikes!) Little one is now 8 months old and won't be far off going for rides in a trailer.

I think the comments about On One for budget, Soul for something a bit more special are on the money. Depends on whether you also want a bike you can love and ride as a HT and not just for the kids – which is my plan, hence I went for a Soul.

duckman

Another vote for on-one for budget,soul for for special

infidel
    Free Member

Thanks all, sandersons only 100mm at front and the idea is to try and use kit I already have. I'd thought about a blue pig but that seems a bit burly for me. Any thoughts on the cove handjob or the dialled prince albert? Soul seems the way forward at the mo, something special as I'm sure the next few years will see cash going at the baby!!!

infidel
    Free Member

Aargh double post.

Mister-P
    Free Member

One thing to consider is how the trailer fits to the bike. Mine has a bracket that sits against the frame drop out and is clamped by the QR. This won't work with a steel frame with fancy dropouts, it needs a flat surface to sit against. That is why I have a Genesis Core 40 for trailer duties and a Ti Altitude for solo riding.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘what hardtail?’ is closed to new replies.