Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • What happens when you've actually upgraded EVERYTHING on your bike?
  • freeagent
    Free Member

I think the only original parts on my 2010 Boardman hardtail are the frame, rear mech and seat post.

I don’t ride it enough to justify a new bike so will just keep updating/changing bits as I fancy.

Northwind

There’s just one part I’d like to change across all my main bikes, the front rim on the hardtail. Everything else is good.

So, I decided when I started my XC bike that instead of going all out, I’d see what I can do by fighting the budget and just getting the most out of every pound. And it’s a lot of fun, it turns out! I’ll end up with a less good bike but it’s on track to cost about the same as the wheels in my big bike, so that’s a good compromise. It’s much the same appeal as drooling over new shinies for the other bikes.

michaelbowden

You go and play with that Ibiza in your garage!

hora
    Free Member

I currently have a 27.2 KS Lev, a 30.9 Ks Lev and a 31.6 Reverb I still have to swap the 27.2 between my SS and fat bikes

I have a secondhand seat lever operated KS.

benp1

Buy a bike with proper size wheels?

robinlaidlaw
    Free Member

Avalanche cartridge upgrade for the Pike?

wwaswas

I have a secondhand seat lever operated KS.

I got all my new ones when Superstar were having a clear out of their KS stuff and when wiggle were selling Reverb’s off cheap. The 27.2 was second hand.

nickdavies

OT, but this has made me think…
    When I got back into biking after a couple of years out after moving to brum I got hold of a 2010 spesh hardrock.
    That bike is now a kinesis FF29, has had a stint as carbon and a stint as full suss and I cannot find anything that’s the same.

Everything between has been changed one piece at a time (apart from the switch to 29 which had to be frame/forks/wheels at once. End to end I think:

4 Frames
    3 cranksets
    countless chains and cassettes
    4 prs forks
    3 wheelsets
    4 seatposts
    3 saddles
    2 dropper seatposts
    5 sets bars
    3 sets brakes
    3 1/2 sets shifters
    1 front mech
    5 rear mechs
    countless tyres&tubes

It’s spawned children (built a frame around the spare bits for someone else) and apart from the original forks which were fit for the bin and the first wheelset which went on the spawn bike I could rebuild the original hardrock in it’s entirety…

poah
    Free Member

Charger Damper Upgrade with external Hi/Low compression adjustment cart upgrade for the pike.

http://www.tftuned.com/service/81-fast-suspension-forks

billybadger
    Free Member

Custom one off re-spray. Preferably in garish colours.
    Then replace bits to match the new paint job.

maxtorque

mmm, those Pike custom tunes has got me thinking! Would match the CCDBair if it had a few more knobs to play with…… 😉

Anyone ridden one back to back with a std Pike and noticed the difference?

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘What happens when you've actually upgraded EVERYTHING on your bike?’ is closed to new replies.